There are a lot of social stigmas associated with chubby and irregular cheeks. Disproportionate jawline and cheeks not only become a source of self-mortification but also develop a strong hindrance in the process of your cultural acceptance.
One of the prime horrors of having chubby cheeks is the bad impression of your personality, no matter how much physically fit you are. However, in this glamorous world, everyone is more inclined towards having a perfect appearance and more people are opting out for reliable cosmetic procedures to get their desired look.
Buccal Fat Removal
Buccal fat removal is one of the popular cosmetic procedures these days. The buccal fat formation has numerous reasons including
- Lack of exercise
- Poor diet choices
- Physical trauma on cheeks.
The cosmetic procedure not only reduces the puffiness from the lower cheeks but also attempts to achieve facial symmetry.
However, our face and cheeks lose enough volume and fats gradually because of the aging process. That’s why the plastic surgeons in Dubai extract out only the necessary fats from the cheeks.
Let us see how this surgical procedure is performed.
The Surgical Procedure
During the buccal fat removal procedure, the plastic surgeon creates an incision inside your mouth. The incision is created at your cheeks and extends to the gums. The buccal fat will stick out immediately through the incision due to external pressure. These fat pads are then removed by using the surgical instruments.
In the end, your surgeon will close all your incisions using sutures. The sutures used at the end are absorbable, but every plastic surgeon performs the procedure differently.
- Note that this procedure can be combined with Facelift. In this case, fat pads can be extracted effectively, and hence there will be no need of an extra incision inside the mouth
- Local anesthesia is administered for buccal fat removal.
- It is performed in an Outpatient setting, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
- The time duration of the procedure depends upon the size of the fat pads, but usually, the surgery is performed in less than an hour.
- It takes about one week for the candidates to get fully recovered.
- The candidate experiences discomfort and pain after the surgery, which gets settled in a few weeks.
- The sutures are removed after a couple of days.
- A proper diet plan and exercise techniques are recommended by the surgeon, which are necessary to be followed by the candidate.
- All the medication and guidelines should be followed for a speedy buccal fat removal recovery.
- There are certain possible risks associated with the buccal fat removal surgery, which should be discussed with the surgeon before the surgery.
- It produces permanent results which are visible after three months of the surgery when the swelling subsides.
Notable Benefits of Buccal Fat Removal
The magical procedure inculcates a brand new enthusiasm in you, which alters the way you look at yourself and your own life. It produces various aesthetic and psychological benefits which are as follows;
- It is a minor surgery which can be performed without general anesthesia.
- It is highly a safe procedure.
- The fat pads are extracted out from the cheeks and cheek contours are improved.
- Jawline gets a proper definition.
- Facial Symmetry is achieved after the surgery.
- It gives a youthful and refreshed look to your cheeks and overall personality.
- It yields permanent results.
- As it is a minor surgery, hence minimal scarring is occurred because of easy incisions made.
- It boosts self-esteem and the candidate starts owning his self, by being comfortable in his own skin.
- It can be performed with other procedures as well.
Buccal fat removal in Dubai can dramatically improve the contour of your face among other benefits. If you are looking for the best surgery clinic in Dubai then visit Aesthetics by King College Hospital UAE. To get started, you can book a free consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeons.