You cannot stop your ageing process, and likewise, its side effects cannot be controlled. With time, your skin’s elasticity decreases, leading to the slackness of the skin. However, there are various factors like exposure to sun rays, stress or sudden weight loss, which can cause your facial skin to sag. Over the past years, there has been an explosion of options to help with this situation. There have been many state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical procedures that can be opted out. But with so many options, how can you know which one is right for you?
Before considering your options for facial rejuvenation, it is necessary to understand the nature of procedures and their effects.
A. Surgical Facelift
An invasive procedure used to rejuvenate the face by lifting it below the eyes. It is performed to reposition the soft tissues to give your face a more youthful appearance. This procedure treats sagging cheeks, drooping jowls, excess fat on the neck and sagging eyelids. In the procedure, incisions are made, and after eliminating extra skin, incisions are closed with sutures.
Pros & Cons
Before opting for any procedure, you should have an idea about the pros and cons of either technique. The pros and cons of the surgical facelift Dubai are;
- It tightens up the underlying facial muscles.
- It repairs the loose skin by tightening it together.
- It gives more youthful and a refreshed contouring to your face.
- The procedure causes minimal pain and discomfort.
- It yields permanent results.
- It requires a lot of downtimes. You will have to wait for a couple of weeks to get fully recovered.
- The surgical procedure requires much of amount of aftercare on the patient’s part.
- There are certain risks associated with surgery like scarring, bruising, persistent pain, etc.
- The success of the surgery depends upon the expertise of the plastic surgeon and sometimes, surgery needs to be revised when desired results are not achieved.
- Although traditional facelift in Dubai is affordable, it is still expensive than non-surgical methods.
B. Non-Surgical Facelift
There many non-surgical ways of lifting the face without any incisions. The wide range of techniques includes Botox treatments, dermal fillers, fat transfer, laser treatments, liquid facelift, and a vampire facelift. These are non-invasive techniques with comparatively fewer risks than surgical procedures.
Pros & Cons
Before undergoing any procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical you must learn its advantages and disadvantages to choose the right option for you. The pros and cons of the non-surgical face rejuvenation procedures are;
- They are minimal or non-invasive procedures.
- They are cost-effective: if money is a problem for you, then you will not be bothered financially via these techniques.
- The good news about these procedures is that they cause minimal discomfort and pain.
- It gives your face proper contouring and refreshed appearance without surgery.
- These procedures are carried out in a shorter time. Some procedures like a liquid facelift or vampire facelift are called lunch hour treatment as they can be performed during your lunch break.
- They do not necessarily involve the use of anesthesia.
- They require less or no downtime. You can start your routine activities after a few days.
- Post-Procedure care is minimal. You do not need to follow any tough exercises or guidelines to get recovered.
- There are fewer risks associated with non-surgical face rejuvenation procedures. However, the risks like swelling, pain and skin sensation alterations are very temporary and can get settled with time.
- The results generated by non-surgical facelift procedures are temporary, and it requires additional treatments to sustain and increase the productivity of the results.
- Although they are cost-effective procedures, the touch-up treatments altogether become more expensive than the surgical ones.
Which Procedure to Choose?
The choice of the procedure entirely depends upon the preferences and goals of the candidate. First of all, you should know that the procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical have a similar goal. Furthermore, you can consult with your plastic surgeon who will help you choose the right technique for you, depending on your expectations of the procedure.
Aesthetics by King’s College Hospital Dubai offers a complete range of facial rejuvenation treatments. To know which facelift technique is the best for you, book a free consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons in Dubai.