Breasts are an integral part of a woman’s body, and every woman wants to have a proper-contoured, fuller, and well-proportioned breasts. The appropriate appearance of the breasts not only upgrades her personality aesthetically but also grows her cultural-acceptance. However, unfortunately, no one is born perfect in this world. There are a number of women who are not comfortable in their skin and are unhappy about their breast’s size and shapes. Such women have low self-esteem, and their self-consciousness tends to increase with time. Moreover, small or irregular breasts can also influence sexual life and personal relationships negatively.
Types Of Breast Surgeries
The women who are not contented with their breast size and shape opt for suitable breast surgery. There are many reasons for having irregular breasts, which include physical trauma on them, post-pregnancy, aging, weight fluctuations, and genetic factors. There are many types of breast surgeries which are chosen based on the candidate’s preferences and goals.
The major types of breast surgeries include;
1. Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation, which is also referred to as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure used to increase the breast size. The major goal of the breast augmentation surgery in Dubai is to improve the breast shape aesthetically and achieve breast symmetry. There are two types of breast surgery techniques, i.e. Scarless and Short scar breast augmentation. Both types of surgeries use implants to enhance breast size. The implants could be a silicone gel implant or a saline implant. Incisions are made according to the type of surgery, and afterward, the implants are placed in the breasts.
- The procedure is carried out under general anesthesia and lasts for two to three hours.
- The procedure is performed in an Inpatient setting.
- It requires a couple of weeks for the candidate to get fully recovered.
- The candidate has to follow strict guidelines for a speedy recovery, and there are certain risks associated with it.
- It yields long-lasting results as long as the weight is maintained by the candidate.
- It gives you fuller breasts and helps in achieving breast symmetry.
2. Breast Reduction
Breast reduction is also called reduction mammoplasty. The procedure aims at removing the extra fat and skin tissues from the breast. The major goal is to reduce breast size aesthetically and to minimize the pain and discomfort caused by the large size of breasts. The breast reduction procedure consists of various incision making techniques, and each technique has its purpose and goal. However, the incisions are made, extra fat and skin are removed, and then the skin is closed with sutures.
- General Anesthesia is administered for breast reduction and lasts for two to three hours.
- The procedure is carried on either an outpatient or inpatient basis, depending upon the condition of the candidate.
- The recovery period for the procedure lasts for at least a fortnight, and the candidate has to follow certain post-procedure guidelines for speedy healing.
- There are certain risks associated with the surgery.
- The results of the surgery vary from person to person but are permanent if the candidate maintains a stable weight.
- It reduces the volume of the breasts and enhances their appearance aesthetically.
- It eliminates the chronic physical pain caused by enlarged breasts and achieves symmetry.
3. Breast Reconstruction
The breast reconstruction surgery is performed to correct fully or partially removed breasts either because of cancer or any other certain health issue. There are two major techniques for reconstructing your breast:
- Implant Reconstruction
- Autologous Reconstruction
With time, the breast implants begin to change their position or lose their quality. In this case, implant removal or reconstruction surgery is required. In the surgery, incisions are made, and implants are either repositioned or replaced with the help of surgical instruments. It is done by using local anesthesia and in an outpatient setting.
Whereas, autologous reconstruction, which is also referred to as AFT (Autologous Fat Transfer) Breast Augmentation is a type of surgery, in which the breast size and shape is enhanced by taking your fat from any fat enriched area of your body. The donor sites are identified, and fats are extracted out through liposuction. Afterward, the withdrawn fat is purified and injected into breast tissues.
- It requires two to three weeks to get fully recovered and has fewer risks associated with it.
- It generates permanent results which get visible soon after the surgery.
- It improves the breast shape aesthetically, and breast symmetry is achieved.
4. Breast Lift
The breast lift Dubai or mastopexy is a surgical procedure which alters the shape of the sagging breasts. It tends to remove excess skin and breast tissue to raise the breasts. It also repositions the nipple and areolas. In the procedure, the plastic surgeon makes an incision and then make preferred alterations by using surgical instruments. In the end, the incisions are closed with sutures.
- It uses general anesthesia and takes about two hours to get finished.
- It is performed on an Outpatient basis.
- The candidate gets recovered in two weeks and has fewer risks associated with it.
- The results produced by the surgery are permanent, and the breasts get a fuller and symmetrical appearance.
If you are unhappy with small breasts and want to undergo breast surgery, then choose the most reputable hospital or clinic. Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital UAE is the leading plastic surgery clinic in Dubai. It offers world class surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. To know more about breast surgery, book a free consultation with one of our board-certified celebrity plastic surgeons.