Botox is a neurotoxin protein which is considered as a magic elixir to cheat the aging process. Probably, that is why it is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure with more than 6 million candidates each year. Botulinum Toxin (Botox), apart from being an extremely poisonous organic substance, can be used as a therapeutic protein for curing various health problems.
A Botox treatment in Dubai is always carried out by an experienced plastic surgeon and is administered through a cannula or injections. It restores life to the candidate by strengthening the muscular conditions and by eliminating the wrinkles and other fine lines from the skin.
Uses of Botox
In the modern era, Botox is the right choice for people who want to be physically perfect. The magic treatment has numerous uses but let us see the following list of FDA (Food & Drug Administration) approved applications of Botox.
Blepharospasms is the movement disorder of the eyelid muscles, which causes the eyelid to sag. However, Botox works as a blockade to the problem by paralyzing the affected muscle.
B. Spasmodic Dysphonia
A neurological condition in which vocal cord becomes shaky and strained. It also affects the voice of the patient, and Botox can treat this by fixing the vocal problems.
C. Hyper Salivation
It is also referred to as drooling. A few injections of Botox in the salivary glands can prevent it from producing excess saliva.
D. Excessive Sweating
This condition is also called hyperhidrosis and refers to the condition in which excessive sweating is experienced at armpits, hands, feet, head, and face. Botox is an effective treatment for this, which reduces excess sweating without disrupting the general sweating system.
E. Chronic Migraines
Chronic migraines can lead people to have hourly episodes of nausea and severe pain in their heads. Botox injections applied at the back of the neck or the head can be used to ease the pain by relaxing the muscles.
F. Thyroid Eye Disease
It is an autoimmune disorder in which the body has an overactive thyroid and also causes eyelids to tighten up more than its capacity. Botox injections are used to weaken the muscles of the eyelids and allows them to drop slightly.
Botox can be used to reduce wrinkles and restore the youthful appearance of the face by lifting it. It is also used to rejuvenate hands by giving them well-defined contours. It is also used to achieve eyebrow symmetry.
Long-Term Effects of Botox
Botox is a very effective treatment, but its results are temporary, and the candidates need to take injections after a specific interval of time to sustain and boost up the productivity.
Let us analyze the pros and cons of trendsetter treatment.
- The utmost benefit of the Botox treatment is the immediate result. You do not have to wait for the results to get visible and can enjoy the change in your appearance right after the procedure.
- Botox treatment is a very less invasive procedure and does not include any incisions. You might experience some bruising due to the needle injection into the skin but otherwise, does not include any specific cuts.
- Botox treatment is a very versatile procedure and can be used for dealing with various physical and health problems.
- It gives you a youthful appearance by eliminating fine lines, aging signs, wrinkles, crow’s feet from the skin and also gives well-defined contouring to the face and hands.
- It has minimal side-effects, you might experience swelling and pain after the procedure, but they will subside with time.
- It is a convenient procedure and takes about a few minutes to get completed. Moreover, the procedure has very fewer risks and complications associated with it.
- It makes you look younger and therefore boosts up your self-esteem. You become comfortable in your skin by keeping your self-acceptance intact.
- Botox treatment is a temporary treatment, and the results fade away after six to seven months. You will need to have touch up treatments to sustain and maintain the results.
- The cost of the treatment depends upon the geographic region but is an expensive treatment with temporary
- The Botox treatment should be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon in Dubai, having a good aesthetic sense. Unsatisfactory results can lead to the revision of the procedure if it is carried out wrongly by an inexpert physician.
- It manipulates the working of the muscular tissues so that it can affect the performance of the skin and muscles negatively.
To know if you are eligible for a Botox treatment, and how it can help you towards a
younger and fresh-looking self, book a free consultation at Aesthetics by King’s College Hospital UAE. It is one of the most prominent plastic surgery clinics in Dubai that is offering the best cosmetic services in the region.