Erbium laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which uses laser beams to remove superficial and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face, hands, neck or chest. Erbium laser resurfacing in Dubai is an anti-aging treatment which refreshes and rejuvenates your skin aesthetically.
The Need for Erbium Laser Resurfacing
One can have deep lines or wrinkles on the skin because of the following reasons;
- Physical trauma on the skin
- Weight fluctuations
- Poor nutrition
- Exposure to sun rays
- Skin diseases
Having dull and wrinkled skin does not project a good impression on others and may also cause you to have low self-esteem. The major goal of the erbium laser resurfacing Dubai is to give your skin a refreshed look by removing the surface-level marks and wrinkles from it, by using laser beams of specific wavelengths.
How to Choose the Right Laser Resurfacing Surgeon In Dubai
Having a successful erbium laser resurfacing procedure depends on choosing the right surgeon or a dermatologist who is an expert in laser skin resurfacing treatments. The plastic surgeon you choose for erbium laser resurfacing in Dubai should not only be a board-certified doctor but should also possess the following characteristics;
- He should be able to show you photos of previous erbium laser skin resurfacing procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have a good aesthetic sense.
Note that erbium laser resurfacing is performed by a professional plastic surgeon or a dermatologist and not by a medical aestheticians
After selecting the right surgeon for your erbium laser treatment, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the treatment, and what you hope to achieve. You should also discuss your expectations, the whole process, including erbium laser resurfacing cost and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Before the treatment, the plastic surgeon is going to check your medical history as well as if you are or have had been taking any medications. He will also physically examine your target skin in detail, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the erbium laser resurfacing procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, you should have a healthy lifestyle. You should follow a proper diet plan and exercise regularly. You should take the recommended medications properly. You should stop smoking six weeks before the procedure. You should discontinue alcohol consumption and also avoid taking drugs that include aspirin. Use of Anti-inflammatory drugs should also be halted. You should not drink or eat anything six to eight hours before the treatment.
The erbium laser resurfacing is carried out under Local Anesthesia and performed in an Outpatient setting in a surgeon’s clinic.
The duration of the procedure depends upon the size of the area to be treated and therefore varies from candidate to candidate.
In the procedure, a numbing cream may be applied on your face if you are opting for full face erbium laser resurfacing. Your eyes will be covered to protect them from the intensity of the beams. When erbium laser is used, it starts reacting with the water present in the skin. By interacting with water, the laser burns the specific layers of skin and evaporates them. When the specific skin tissues are damaged effectively, the body responds to it by generating more collagen compound. Collagen is the compound which makes our skin smooth and wrinkle-free naturally.
This procedure can be combined with other surgical and non-surgical treatments as well.
There are various other surgical and non-surgical procedures which can be used for skin rejuvenation as an alternative to erbium laser skin resurfacing. These procedures include;
- Non-ablative laser resurfacing, which rejuvenates the skin at an advanced level.
- Dermal fillers, which are injectable solutions used to fill wrinkles, lines, and wrinkles.
- Chemical peels; in which chemical solutions are applied on the target skin for rejuvenation purposes.
- Invasive procedures include liposuction and fat grafting.
It requires a whole week for the candidates to get recovered post-procedure. You will have swelling at the target areas, but it will subside in four to five days. You may or may not be bandaged by your surgeon on the treated areas, and if you have bandages, they will be removed after some days of the treatment. You should expect some bruising and redness around your treated area, but that depends upon your skin type and treatment nature; it settles down within a week.
Over the next 7 – 10 days, the patient will have follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon to keep track of the healing process.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
You should follow all the medicines prescribed by your doctor. You should apply the specific skin ointments recommended by your doctor. You should use icepacks to prevent swelling and discomfort. You should save your treated skin from the sun rays. Use a good sunscreen to protect it from heat and different sort of rays, even when indoors. You should avoid all the strenuous activities which can trigger your heart rate and pulse rate. You should be gentle to your treated skin and should not rub it for three to four days. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking more and more water. You should take off from work and for a few days and take rest in the early days of recovery.
Risks & Complications
Erbium laser resurfacing has lesser risks associated with it. It is very important to discuss these risks with your plastic surgeon before the treatment. However, the possible risks include;
- Swelling– Swelling after the procedure is inevitable, but if it persists with time, you will be prescribed steroids to prevent it.
- Prolonged Redness— you can have redness and discomfort at your treated sites for a longer time period, but it settles down on its own.
- Skin Sensation Alterations-— you might feel little numbness on the skin after the procedure.
- Pigmentation—your treated skin can become darker or lighter in tone. For this, your doctor will recommend a hyperpigmentation solution.
Idea Candidate for Erbium Laser Resurfacing
You can be an excellent candidate for Erbium laser resurfacing treatment if;
- You have wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- Your skin has a dull appearance.
- You have ageing signs on your skin.
- Your skin tissues have developed fully.
- You are over 18.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
You will experience an immediate difference in your skin appearance as soon as the redness and swelling subside. Erbium laser resurfacing results can last for years.
Benefits of Erbium Laser Resurfacing
Several diverse benefits are enjoyed by the candidates after going through erbium laser resurfacing in Dubai. The benefits include;
- It is a non-invasive
- It causes minimal scarring.
- It requires less downtime.
- It does not cause harm to the surrounding skin tissues.
- It gives your skin a youthful
- It settles down the moderate wrinkles.
- It creates your skin more toned and improves your overall personality aesthetically.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our erbium laser resurfacing surgeons in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.