Fillers are gel-like substances which are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, soften creases, smooth lines, and enhance facial contours. Individuals who want to have a cost-effective facial rejuvenation without going under the knife or downtime can opt for fillers treatment in Dubai.
There are a variety of fillers like lip fillers, hair fillers, Botox and forehead wrinkles fillers treatment. They are made from different substances. They are usually categorized by the substance that they are made from. The different types of fillers include;
- Hyaluronic acid or HA. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that is found in the body which keeps the skin hydrated and plumped. Once injected, its results last between 6 to 12 months; hence, repeated treatments are needed. Hyaluronic fillers include Juvéderm products, Restylane products, and Belotero Balance.
- Poly-L-lactic acid. This is a biodegradable synthetic substance, and it is technically classified as a collagen stimulator. It is mainly used for the treatment of deeper facial wrinkles, and the results last for more than two years.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite. This is also a natural substance found primarily in the bones. It helps in the stimulation of collagen production and treats wrinkles and deeper lines. The results last for 12 months for most patients.
- This is a biocompatible synthetic substance which, when injected provides support, and it also contains collagen which provides firmness and structure to the skin.
The Need for Fillers Treatment
Wrinkles fillers treatment does more than just smoothing out wrinkles. Here are some of the issues that fillers treatment help to address;
- Enhance and restore volume to the temples or sunken cheeks.
- Smooth out the lines around the mouth and nose such as smile lines, marionette lines, and parentheses.
- Plump and enhance the lips.
- To get rid of vertical lip lines.
- Improve symmetry among facial features.
How to Choose the Right Fillers Treatment Surgeon In Dubai
Having a successful fillers treatment procedure depends on choosing the right surgeon, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
After selecting the right surgeon for your fillers treatment procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, fillers treatment cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your area of concern and take photos so that you can see the difference after fillers treatment.
Before the Botox fillers treatment or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
A lip fillers treatment procedure or any other procedure typically takes place during an office visit because it is non-surgical.
Just before the procedure begins, the area of concern is cleaned, and you may be given a topical anesthetic to numb the area before injection. There are however fillers which contain lidocaine. This is a mild anesthetic that helps in minimizing discomfort during and after the treatment. A precise amount of the filler is strategically injected beneath the skin.
The results are noticeable immediately after receiving the filler treatment.
Filler treatments are amazing when it comes to combating the signs of aging and replacing volume loss, but there are other great alternatives which can be used in place of fillers such as;
- Facelift: This procedure tightens the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure smooths skin by scraping the top layer of the skin away. This exposes the dewier skin underneath.
- Chemical peels. This involves the use of chemicals on the skin to exfoliate the dead outer layer, thereby revealing a new, fresher layer.
There might be some mild swelling and bruising, but these are temporary as they subside within a few days following the treatment. Although you can resume your normal day to day activities immediately after the treatment, you may be asked to take a day off from exercise or any other strenuous activity.
The fillers treatment recovery, however, depends very much on the type of filler treatment used.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
It is important not to rub or scratch the treated area to minimize the risk of infection or prolong the healing time. Avoiding the sun is also advised and make sure to wear sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat.
Possible Risks & Complications
Fillers treatment also carry with them possible risks at the injection site. If the risks do occur, then they usually clear within 7 to 14 days. Some of the possible fillers treatment risks are;
- Swelling: There might be slight swelling at the injection site, but this disappears a few minutes after the treatment.
- Redness: After the filler injections, the area might experience redness, which also disappears after a few minutes.
- Pain: Depending on the patient’s pain threshold, one might experience a certain amount of discomfort, which can be alleviated by cold compresses on the area.
- Itching: There is a possibility there might be an itchy sensation on the target area after the treatment. You are advised not to scratch. This disappears after a few minutes as well.
- Bruising: Bruising on the target area of the treatment is normal, but it usually goes away within the first 24 hours.
Ideal Candidate for fillers injection
- Be physically healthy
- Be mentally stable
- Have realistic expectations
- Be committed to maintaining good skin health
- Have wrinkles and fine lines
- Have volume loss due to aging
Results of fillers treatment
The results of fillers treatment are apparent immediately and last from several months to several years, depending on the type of filler treatment used. Maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle improves results and longevity.
Benefits of fillers treatment Procedure
Various psychological and aesthetic benefits are enjoyed by candidates who undergo fillers treatment in Dubai. These benefits include;
- Youthful look
- Increased confidence
- The results are visible almost immediately after the treatment
- The results are natural-looking
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our fillers treatment surgeons in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.