A fractional laser resurfacing also known as Fraxel treatment is a non-invasive treatment, in which a laser beam device is used for skin rejuvenation. The laser beam emitted is divided into thousands of microscopic treatment zones, targeting a fraction of the skin at a time. People who want to get rid of the age spots, wrinkles, acne, fine lines, dull skin tone, and textural irregularities on an advanced level can opt for the fractional laser resurfacing in Dubai.
The Need for Fractional Laser Resurfacing
One might have age-spots, acne and a wrinkled skin because of the following reasons;
- Over-exposure to sun rays
- Poor nutrition
- Physical trauma on the skin
- Skin diseases
The healthy nature and the freshness of skin helps a lot in creating your overall impression. Having dull, wrinkled, and full of acne skin can lead you to have low self-esteem and low cultural acceptance. However, the major goal of the fractional laser resurfacing for acne scars is to make your skin well-toned, spot-free by removing irregularities from the skin tissue layers in a fractionated form.
How to Choose the Right Fractional Laser Resurfacing Surgeon In Dubai
You should choose the right surgeon or a dermatologist for fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure. The fractional laser resurfacing surgeon in Dubai you are going to choose should be an expert and should have sufficient experience in fractional laser resurfacing treatments. The surgeon should be a board-certified doctor, as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon are;
- He should have good reviews about the results of his work from the former candidates.
- He should be able to show his previous work through photographs.
- He focusses on candidate’s safety and care.
- He should have a good aesthetic approach.
It is important to note that the fractional laser resurfacing is performed by a plastic surgeon and not by any medical aestheticians.
After you have selected the right surgeon, you are going to have a detailed consultation. In the session, you and your surgeon are going to discuss the possible outcomes of the procedure. You should also discuss your expectations with the surgeon and the reason behind it. Discuss the non-surgical process, fractional laser resurfacing cost, and every step included getting a solid idea about it.
Right before the treatment, the surgeon is going to check your medical history in detail and is also going to examine whether you are or have had been on medication of any sort. Your surgeon is going to examine your target skin and will prepare notes. He will also take photographs to compare the results after the surgery.
Before the procedure, it is very important to maintain your health. You should have a healthy diet and exercise regularly. If you are a smoker, then you must stop smoking at least three to four weeks before the procedure. You will be advised to avoid blood-thinning medicines to reduce the risk of excess bleeding during the treatment. Alcohol consumption should also be stopped before the procedure. You should also stay hydrated and avoid all kinds of skin care products before the procedure.
The traditional fractional laser resurfacing is carried out using Local Anesthesia and on an Outpatient setting and lasts for 30 minutes.
Fractional laser resurfacing procedure involves two distinct techniques, and the application of the technique depends upon the goal and preferences of the candidate. However, the techniques are;
- CO2 Fractional Laser Resurfacing- is also known as sellas fractional CO2. The targeted area is cleansed, and a topical numbing cream is applied to it. The fractional CO2 laser device is moved across the target skin. In the procedure, a CO2 laser beam is fractionated into thousands of tiny light shafts. These shafts cause tiny wounds by penetrating the deep layers of the skin. In this way, the collagen inside the skin is damaged, and the generation of new collagen begins. This is how a damaged skin is replaced by new healthy skin.
- Fractional Laser with PRP Therapy-— The platelet-rich plasma fractional laser treatment is a combination of a CO2 fractional therapy and a PRP therapy. This procedure is done to rejuvenate your skin through your blood. The procedure yields more effective results with no side effects. In the technique, after the CO2 laser resurfacing is performed, a blood sample is drawn from your body, and then it is centrifuged in a special apparatus to obtain platelets from red blood cells and white blood cells. The platelet-rich plasmas are then applied topically to the treated areas, where they seep into the skin through the micro wounds and increase the elastin and collagen production naturally.
These both procedures can be performed separately, but if they are performed in a combined way, the efficacy of the treatment is increased.
There are various other surgical and non-surgical procedures which can be used for skin rejuvenation as an alternative to fractional laser skin resurfacing. These procedures include;
- Erbium Laser resurfacing, which rejuvenates the skin on a surface-level.
- Dermal fillers are injectable solutions used to fill wrinkles, lines, and wrinkles.
- Chemical peels; in which chemical solutions are applied on the target skin for rejuvenation purposes.
- Invasive procedures include liposuction and fat grafting.
The time period of two to three weeks is required for fractional laser resurfacing recovery. You will have swelling in the skin which will settle down in four to five days. The surrounding skin tissues of your treated skin will get burnt because of the high intensity of the beams. You can expect some bruising and redness around your treated area, but that depends upon the treatment type and the nature of the skin.
Over the next 7 – 10 days, the patient will have follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon to keep track of the healing process.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
You should take all the medicines prescribed by your doctor. Your skill will become more sensitive in the recovery period, so you should apply all the ointments prescribed by your doctor. You should wear sunscreen for a recommended period of time, even when indoors. You should avoid exposing your skin to the sun rays. You should use icepacks and compresses to reduce swelling and discomfort. Do not rub or scratch your skin during your recovery period. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking more and more water.
Risks & Complications
There are fewer risks attached to fractional laser resurfacing. However, it is important to discuss all the risks with your plastic surgeon before the procedure. The possible fractional laser resurfacing risks and complications include;
- Swelling – swelling after the procedure is inevitable, but if it persists with time, you will be prescribed steroids to prevent it.
- Prolonged Redness— you can have redness and discomfort at your treated sites for a longer time, but it settles down on its own.
- Hyperpigmentation—your treated skin can become darker in tone. For this, your doctor will recommend a bleaching solution.
- Burning— the surrounding skin tissues around the treated area might have a burning sensation. For this, you will be recommended an ointment to apply.
Ideal Candidate for Fractional Laser Resurfacing
You might be an excellent candidate for the fractional laser resurfacing treatment if;
- You have sagging skin.
- You have fine lines and wrinkled
- You have irregularities in skin texture
- You have acne
- You have a dull skin tone.
- You have enlarged pores and stretch marks.
- You do not smoke.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
The results become visible after a few months, and the results last for eight to ten years. However, the efficacy of the procedure is enhanced with PRP therapy. It gives you perfect skin with more effective results.
Benefits of Fractional Laser Resurfacing
Various diverse benefits are enjoyed by the candidates who undergo fractional laser resurfacing in Dubai. These include;
- It eliminates the wrinkles, marks, and fine lines from the skin.
- It removes age-spots and gives a well-contoured appearance to the skin.
- It tightens the skin and gives you a youthful
- PRP is rich in growth factors; it speeds up the regeneration process of the skin tissues.
- PRP therapy includes fewer side effects.
- It improves your overall personality aesthetically.
- It boosts your self–esteem and grows your cultural-acceptance.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital is one of the leading fractional laser resurfacing clinics in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.