Hand Rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure used to improve the appearance of the hands by adding sufficient volume to them. Hand rejuvenation in Dubai is done for the people who are unhappy with their sagging, wrinkled, and poorly-toned hands.
The Need for Hand Rejuvenation
Your hands can lose their shape because of the following reasons;
- Skin laxity
- Physical trauma on hands.
- Exposure to the sun
- Poor diet
The hands are the second most perceivable part of the body after the face, and people who have low self-esteem because of poor appearance of hands can opt for hand rejuvenation in Dubai. The major goal of the hand rejuvenation procedure is to give a youthful appearance to the hands by adding volume to them. So, if you are looking for treatments to remove hand wrinkles in Dubai, then hand rejuvenation is the best solution.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Hand Rejuvenation
You should choose the right surgeon for hand rejuvenation procedure and the surgeon you are going to choose should be an expert and should have sufficient experience in hand rejuvenation treatments. The surgeon should be a board-certified doctor, as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon are;
- He should have good reviews about the results of his work from the former candidates.
- He should be able to show his previous work through photographs.
- He focusses on candidate’s safety and care.
- He should have a good aesthetic approach.
It is important to note that the hand rejuvenation is performed by a plastic surgeon and not by any medical aesthetician.
After you have selected the right surgeon, you are going to have a detailed consultation. In the session, you and your surgeon are going to discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery. You should also discuss your expectations with the surgeon and the reason behind it. Discuss the surgical process, hand rejuvenation cost in Dubai and every step included getting a solid idea about it.
Right before the surgery, the surgeon is going to check your medical history in detail and is also going to examine whether you are or have had been on medication of any sort. Your surgeon is going to examine your hands and will prepare notes. He will also take photographs to compare the results after the surgery.
Before the surgery, it very important to maintain your health. You should have a healthy diet and exercise regularly. If you are a smoker, then you must stop smoking at least three to four weeks before the surgery. You will be advised to avoid blood-thinning medicines to reduce the risk of excess bleeding during the surgery. Alcohol consumption should also be stopped before surgery. You should also stay hydrated before the procedure.
Hand Rejuvenation procedure is carried out under Local Anesthesia in an Outpatient setting.
The procedure lasts for one hour.
There are various surgical and non-surgical procedures for hand rejuvenation. A particular procedure is chosen based on the goals and preferences of the candidate. However, the various hand rejuvenation treatments include;
- Chemical Peels— In this procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the hands. The solution is left applied on the hands, for a certain time period depending upon the peel’s intensity. The acids in the solution peel away surface layers of skin, removing dull, dead, and aged skin with it. However, new skin cells are revealed and have a more refreshed look and improved tone and texture.
- PRP Hand Rejuvenation— it is one of the best non-surgical and natural processes to rejuvenate aging hands. It allows the body to heal and repair itself by injecting platelets to the targeted area. Plasma contains seven fundamental proteins growth factors that can initiate the healing process quickly.
- Sclerotherapy— It is used to treat enlarged veins on the hands. In this procedure, a solution (salt solution) is injected directly in the prominent veins of the hands. The solution irritates the lining of the blood vessels, causing it to collapse and stick together and also causes blood to clot. This procedure requires no downtime.
- Dermal Fillers— In this procedure, the hand rejuvenation fillers containing substances and solution of hyaluronic acid are injected into the hands at multiple areas. They are usually administered in the form of layers at various levels to reshape the hands. This procedure reduces the prominence of the bones, making hands appear softer and younger. It requires minimal downtime.
- Laser Resurfacing— In this procedure, the laser uses light to bore microscopic holes in the skin, triggering the body’s natural healing process. The wand is passed over the skin, removing the upper layer of the skin epidermis and stimulating collagen production at the dermis layer. The lines and wrinkles are erased, and skin gets a tighter and brighter appearance.
- Fat Grafting— In this fat transfer surgical procedure, hands are rejuvenated by using your won fats. Fat enriched areas are identified (usually include thighs, hips, and stomach) and liposuction is performed on these areas to extract the fat deposits. After the desired amount of fat is extracted, the incisions are closed with sutures. The next step includes the purification of the withdrawn fat through a particular process. The liquid fatty matter is then re-injected into the hands. The fat grafting is done in layers at various levels, to produce smooth and bump-free results.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) & Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) —- In this procedure, your eyes are covered, and IPL handpiece is placed on the treatment area. This emits light waves on the hands. After a series of treatment, the spots and discolorations on your hands tend to fade and will disappear. Whereas, PDT uses a solution on the skin of hands before applying the IPL device, which intensifies the nature of the treatment.
Any of the procedures mentioned above can be applied separately or even can be combined to get enhanced results.
The recovery time depends upon the technique used; a hand rejuvenation candidate gets fully recovered within three weeks. You will have stiffness in your hands, but it will vanish with time. You should expect bruising and swelling after the procedure, but it will be treated with proper medications. In case of non-surgical procedures, you will be able to resume your routine activities after a day or two, but in case of a surgery, you will have to wait for three days to start your routine work. Stitches will be removed after four days, in case of a surgical procedure.
Over the next 7 – 10 days, the patient will have follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon to keep track of the healing process.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks
For each technique used in the hand rejuvenation procedure, your surgeon is going to give you the relevant guidelines which you should follow for a speedy recovery. However, certain general guidelines should be followed after the procedure, no matter what technique you must have undergone. You should avoid all the strenuous activities after the procedure for a week. If discomfort or pain persists, you must take painkiller prescribed by your doctor. You should drink more and more water to speed up the healing process. You should use ice packs and compresses to reduce swelling on the hands. You should apply sunscreen on hands before going out and keep them moisturized.
Risks & Complications
Like any other cosmetic procedure, there are certain risks attached to hand rejuvenation as well. However, it is important to discuss all the risks with your surgeon post-procedure. The potential hand rejuvenation risks involved in the procedure include;
- Swelling — you will have swelling after the procedure, and sometimes the swelling and redness get worse. It might require another surgery or extra treatment to deal with.
- Skin Sensation Alteration – You might have a complete or a bit numbness in the specific treated area. It is temporary and can be permanent.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other medications used.
Ideal Candidate for Hand Rejuvenation
You might be an ideal candidate for hand rejuvenation if;
- You have lost a substantial amount of volume in your hands.
- Your hands have prominent veins and tendons on your hands.
- Your hands have become wrinkled and thin.
- You have age spots on your hands.
- Your hands are poorly toned.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
After undergoing hand rejuvenation in Dubai, the candidates get to witness the results immediately. The results of hand rejuvenation are permanent, and sometimes, touch-up treatments are required for stable outcomes.
Benefits of Hand Rejuvenation
It provides various physical and psychological benefits, which include;
- It restores the volume of your hands.
- The skin gets tightened, and hands appear fresher.
- It grooms your overall personality aesthetically.
- It removes wrinkles from your hands.
- The skin of your hands become clear and smooth.
- Veins become less prominent on your hands.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our hand rejuvenation surgeons in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.