The Advanced Rhinoplasty Clinic at King’s is made up of a multidisciplinary team of UK Board Certified Plastic, Reconstructive and ENT surgeons who assess patients holistically taking into consideration both the functional and aesthetic components.
The role of the clinic is to provide a gateway for patients who have had previous unsuccessful rhinoplasties, former nasal trauma, or congenital deformities of the nose.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Also known as a nose job, Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that is performed with the goal of changing the shape, size and profile of the nose permanently. The procedure is also performed to address nasal functional issues such as breathing difficulties, or have a complex nasal structure. Some of the techniques used in advanced Rhinoplasty include:
- Preservation Rhinoplasty: This involves the remodeling of the nose through reconstructing or destroying the nasal dorsum (bridge of the nose) through tissue resections.
- Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty: Also known as Piezo Rhinoplasty, this procedure uses the open Rhinoplasty technique where high precision ultrasonic tools are used to reshape the nasal bone structure without breaking it for a more refined outcome.
When Should You Consider Advanced Rhinoplasty?
Advanced Rhinoplasty is a subspecialty of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery that deals with nasal cases that cannot be resolved the standard way and need a more advanced two-team approach. These cases include:
- Revision Rhinoplasty gone wrong: This would involve cases where a patient has done more than two Rhinoplasty procedures i.e. a primary Rhinoplasty and a revision Rhinoplasty for which the results were not as expected, and the functional as well as aesthetic abilities of the nose have been compromised.
- Congenital nasal defects: These kinds of defects mean the patient was born with them. They include deformities that affect the structure and function of the nose, which require a multi-disciplinary team of experts to resolve.
- Former nasal trauma: This includes complicated nasal injuries that led to physical deformity of the nose, as well as functional.
- Complex Nasal Structure: Sometimes a primary Rhinoplasty procedure may become too complex, especially in situations where there may be need for a complete overhaul of the nasal structure, for instance where cartilage or bone graft may be required, hence a two-team approach necessary.
Advanced Rhinoplasty Team of Experts
The Advanced Rhinoplasty team of experts at King’s are UK board certified, with more than three decades of combined experience. They Include:
Dr Parviz is a UK Board Certified Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with more than 15 years’ experience specializing in all aspects of microsurgical reconstruction (including head and neck and orthoplastics), hand surgery, abdominal wall and aesthetic surgery.
Dr Peter is a UK Board Certified Consultant ENT, Head & Neck Surgeon, and Facial Plastic Surgeon with more than 15 years’ experience. He is one of the few head and neck surgeons trained in the minimally invasive techniques of Transoral Laser Microsurgery (TLM) and Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for head and neck.
Get in Touch
The Advanced Rhinoplasty Clinic by Kings College Hospital Dubai focuses on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book an online or in-person consultation and detailed evaluation by one of our world class Rhinoplasty experts in Dubai, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.