Body Contouring is a cosmetic procedure that reshapes, improves, and enhances the natural beauty of one’s body. Body contouring in Dubai is done to sculpt the silhouette by removing excess fatty deposits and sagging skin.
The Need for Body Contouring
One might need a body contouring procedure because of;
- Drastic weight loss
- Physical trauma on the body
- Lifestyle choices
- Lack of exercise
- Botched surgery
Sagging body and unsupported skin may lead one to have low self-esteem and various other psychological issues. Areas that are often affected by loose skin include breasts, abdomen, buttocks, upper arms, groin, and thighs. The individuals who want to get a proportionate and well-contoured overall figure can opt for body contouring in Dubai.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Body Contouring
The next important step is to choose the right surgeon for body contouring. The surgeon you are going to choose should be an expert, and he should have ample experience in body reshaping procedures. He should be a board-certified and the best body contouring surgeon in Dubai. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include;
- He should have good reviews regarding his previous work from the candidates.
- He should be able to show the previous results of his surgeries through photographs.
- He must have a keen artistic eye.
- He focusses on candidate’s safety and care.
- He has a good aesthetic sense.
Note that Body Contouring procedure is performed by a plastic surgeon and not by medical aestheticians.
After selecting the right surgeon for your body contouring treatment in Dubai, the next step is to have a detailed consultation session with him. You and your surgeon are going to discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery, don’t forget to mention your expectations and the reason behind the surgery. You will discuss the whole process, including the body contouring cost in Dubai and the general details involved in the procedure. The body contouring treatment price in Dubai varies depending upon the targeted area.
Right before the surgical procedure, the surgeon is going to examine your medical history and is also going to check that if you are or have had been on medications of any sort. He is also going to have a record of your weight fluctuations or the surgeries (if you might have undergone). He is going to examine your body physically; he will check the areas to be treated. He will take photographs too, to compare the results after the surgery.
Before the body contouring procedure, you must lead a healthy lifestyle. You must follow a proper diet plan and exercise regularly under professional supervision. You should stop smoking at least five weeks before the surgery. Alcohol consumption should also be halted four weeks before the surgery. Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medicines should also be avoided to reduce the risk of excess bleeding during the surgery. You should take a bath twenty-four hours before the surgery to make sure that the target areas are clean and germ-free.
The Surgical Procedure
Body contouring treatment is usually carried out under General Anesthesia, and the time of the procedure depends on the size of the target area.
However, there are different types of body contouring. Depending upon the individual circumstances, the surgeon may recommend one or more surgeries to get the desired results. The types of body surgeries include;
- Lower Body lift— In this procedure, excess skin is withdrawn from the thighs, abdomen, buttock, and outer thighs. The surgeon may make an incision that circles the body at hips. This procedure can also improve irregular skin surface, known as cellulite. In some cases, the lower body lift can be performed during a single operation or in some other cases, two or more operation can be scheduled.
- Buttock lift–— In this procedure, the surgeon cuts across the top of the buttock or sometimes along the sides as well. Skin and fat are removed in crescent-shaped fragments, and the skin is pulled and stitched together.
- Breast lift–— The surgeon makes an incision around the areola of the nipple and makes a vertical incision that extends from the areola to the lower crease of the breast and sometimes a horizontal incision is also necessary. Extra skin is removed through various techniques. A breast implant can be included during the procedure to enhance the size and shape of the breast aesthetically.
- Arm lift–— The surgeon makes a cut on the inner surface of the upper arm from the armpit to the elbow. The extra skin is withdrawn, and the lower muscles are tightened and stitched together.
- Thigh lift–— The surgeon makes an incision in the groin that extends to the knee through the inner leg. Extra skin and fat are removed; sometimes surgeon extends the cut to the outer hip to improve the shape of the outer thigh.
- Tummy tuck–— It involves an incision along the bikini line that extends the hip to hip around the belly button, and the remaining skin is pulled down over the stomach.
The body contouring recovery procedure varies from person to person and the nature and number of techniques used. But on a general level, two to three weeks are required for the complete recovery process. You will have swelling and bruising, but it is quite common to have and will settle down within a couple of weeks. You will have discomfort after the surgery, but it will vanish with time. Anti-biotics will be given to you to get rid of the infection. You will be allowed to start a mild walk after a week. Stitches and dressings are opened within a fortnight depending upon the procedure. Over the next 7 – 10 days, the patient will have follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon to keep track of the healing process.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
Take the medicines prescribed by your doctor regularly. You should use ice packs and compresses to reduce swelling and discomfort. In some cases, you shall be recommended a compression garment that you must wear during the healing process. You must avoid strenuous activities for at least a fortnight. You should avoid sexual activities for at least two weeks. Do not take a shower for a recommended period of time. You should follow all the relevant guidelines given by the doctor for each procedure.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, body contouring procedure also has potential risks and complications associated with it. It is essential to discuss body contouring risks with your surgeon before the surgery. However, the risks include;
- Infection – The wounds may get infected if you will not take care of your hygiene. Anti-biotic will be prescribed to get rid of the infection
- Scarring – There will be scars after the surgery. They can get fade with time but are more likely to persist.
- Bruising & Swelling – Bruises and swelling are inevitable to get after the surgery, but they are temporary and can be cured easily.
- Skin Sensation Alterations – You might feel numbness in the affected areas. This condition is temporary but can become permanent.
- Asymmetry – Sometimes, body symmetry is not achieved when the equal amount of fats are not withdrawn from the target areas.
- Allergies—it rarely happens, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo a new treatment to cure allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for Body Contouring
You can be an excellent candidate for the surgery if;
- You have a stable weight.
- You have sagging
- Your body is not in proper proportion.
- You have undergone a drastic weight loss.
- You are over 18.
- You do not smoke.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
Results of Body Contouring
The time period required for the results to be visible varies from person to person, and the sort of treatment used. However, the results of body contouring are long-lasting if you maintain a stable weight.
Benefits of Body Contouring
People who go through a body contouring in Dubai, enjoy various aesthetic, physical and psychological advantages, which include;
- It upgrades your overall figure aesthetically.
- It removes excess fat deposits from your body.
- It defines your various body parts by tightening the skin.
- It yields permanent
- It promotes your self-acceptance.
- It boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital is a leading body contouring clinic in Dubai. We have some of the best plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will schedule an appointment for you.