Breast Augmentation, also referred to as augmentation mammoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure that increases breast size. It involves placing breast implants under the breast tissue or chest muscles. The women who are not comfortable with their smaller breasts size should opt for breast implant surgery in Dubai.
The Need for Breast Augmentation
Several factors can lead to small breasts, including;
- Breast Feeding
- Drastic Weight Loss
- Physical Trauma
Breast Implants can be performed on either one or both breasts, and it varies from person to person. The major goal of breast augmentation surgery in Dubai is to improve breast shape aesthetically and achieve symmetry. It also enhances self-esteem.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Breast Augmentation
A successful breast surgery dubai entirely depends upon choosing the best breast augmentation surgeon Dubai, who is a specialist in performing breast surgeries. In addition to being board certified with years of experience, a good plastic surgeon should have the following characteristics;
- He should have good reviews from the previous candidates.
- He should be able to demonstrate his previous surgeries’ results through pictures.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- He must be aware of all the safety factors of the candidate.
- He must have a good aesthetic sense.
Breast Augmentation is a lifetime commitment, so you should prefer quality over cost.
After you have selected the right surgeon, you will have a detailed consultation session. You and your surgeon will discuss the possible outcomes of the procedure, don’t forget to mention your expectations from the surgery and why you want to have it. Discuss all the surgical process, cost, and every step involved to get the gist of it.
Right before the surgery takes place, the doctor is going to make a record of your medical history, and check whether you are or have had been on medications of any sort. Your surgeon is then going to examine your breasts in detail and will take photographs to compare the result afterward.
Before the breast augmentation procedure starts, you will have to maintain a good lifestyle. You will have to maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly. You will have to avoid blood-thinning drugs and herbal supplements to minimize the probability of excess bleeding. You will have to stop smoking at least three weeks before the surgery. You will also have to stop alcohol intake a week before the surgery takes place.
There are various breast augmentation techniques; each one has its way of treatment and likewise, have different results. The use of a specific technique depends upon the choice of the candidate and what exactly she wants. The distinct procedures for enhancing breasts are discussed as follows;
- Scarless Breast Augmentation— Scarless breast augmentation is carried out using general anesthesia, and it lasts for two to three hours. In this procedure, incisions are made either on the armpit zone or under the breasts. Incisions are not going to be longer than 1.7 cm so that they disappear themselves after the surgery. A small patch is made near the incisions so that implants could be inserted through them under the chest muscles. Then, implants are filled with a solution called saline or silicone via a tube on the incision. After making sure that the implants are filled according to the candidate’s desired size, they are closed through a self-sewing valve. In the end, incisions are closed in a way that no scar is left visible at the end of breasts
- Short Scar Breast Augmentation-— General anesthesia or local anesthesia is administered before starting the procedure, and it lasts for two to three hours. In the procedure, small unnoticeable incisions behind breasts are made. Pockets are made nearby incisions and implants are inserted. The surgeon usually uses saline implants for this technique, for it can be rolled like a cigar and can be inserted into the pockets easily. After their proper implantation, incisions are closed through stitches.
Breast Augmentation surgery in Dubai can be performed on either Inpatient or Outpatient basis: it entirely depends upon the condition of the candidate after the surgery.
BRAVA breast augmentation can be used as an alternative procedure. It is a non-surgical procedure which uses a bra with a suction pump for breast enhancement. It works by putting a gentle amount of tension on the breasts for some time, and as a result, new breast tissue is generated. However, it is suitable for candidates who have good elasticity of the skin. In this procedure, no incisions are made, and no artificial implants are placed. Another non-invasive alternative is using breast enlargement injection Dubai.
Breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure used to alter the shape of sagging breasts.
Breast augmentation recovery process can take a few days. You will feel discomfort and pain at least for four days after the surgery. However, medicines will be prescribed by the doctor to deal with it. Bruising is quite common to have after the procedure and can be dealt with easily. You will feel numbness in the nipple area or areola, and the sensation restoration might happen after a week, month, or a year. You will have swelling post-surgery, and it might increase your discomfort that is why you will have to take rest for at least a week or two. You will be allowed to go home possibly on the day, the surgery takes place (depending on the condition of the candidate). Your dressings will be removed after a week. You will have redness on the incisions made, but it will vanish after a couple of weeks.
You should have follow-up appointments with your doctor to keep your healing process on track. Also, you should follow all the instructions given by your surgeon to avoid any breast augmentation risks
You should take any medication regularly, as per the doctor’s instructions. You will have to wear a surgical bra to minimize swelling. Strenuous activities should be avoided for at least three weeks after the surgery.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, breast augmentation has various risks associated with it. However, it is very important to discuss all the possible risks and complications with your surgeon before the surgery takes place. Possible risks include:
- Alteration in Skin Sensation – There can be numbness in the nipple area and/or areola, and it can last for some weeks, months, or years. It can be permanent as well.
- Breast Discomfort – There can be a level of discomfort post-surgery. However, it can be managed with medicines.
- Infection – The wounds may get infected for one reason or another. Antibiotics will be prescribed to avoid this.
- Implant Leakage or Rupture – Rarely, the subjected breast implants can break inside the breast, or the fluid might leak affecting the internal structure of the breasts. If this happens, it is advisable to see your doctor immediately.
- Capsular Contracture – Scar tissue may develop around the implants leading to hard and tightened breasts. This hardened tissue furthermore leads to immense discomfort. To treat this, the patient will have to undergo another surgery.
- Asymmetry – Sometimes, both the breasts do not become equal in size, and asymmetry is not achieved, which might require additional surgery.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo extra treatment for these allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for the Breast Augmentation
You are a perfect candidate to undergo breast augmentation in Dubai if;
- You have naturally small breasts.
- You have undergone a mastectomy.
- You have an uneven appearance of breasts.
- Your breasts lack appropriate volume or size due to some physical trauma.
- You are not pregnant.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
Results of Breast Augmentation
You will be able to notice the clear change in breasts: they become fuller and aesthetically enhanced, right after the recovery period. You will be able to sustain the results if you control your weight.
However, scarring depends upon the technique used for breast augmentation.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
The benefits of the procedure include:
- It gives you fuller breasts.
- The appearance of your figure altogether gets improved.
- Breast symmetry is achieved.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- It is a minimal scarring procedure, no matter which technique you choose.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital is one of the best breast augmentation surgery clinics in Dubai. We have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.