Breast Reduction surgery, which is also referred to as Reduction Mammoplasty or Chest Liposuction in Dubai, is a surgical procedure used to remove extra fat, skin, and tissues from the breast. It is done on the women having large disproportionate breasts and also relieves the pain and discomfort causing by it. The principal purpose of undergoing a breast reduction surgery in Dubai is not only to reduce the breast size aesthetically but to achieve breast symmetry.
The Need for Breast Reduction
One can have large breasts because of the following reasons;
- Pregnancy after-effects.
- Hormonal issues
- A botched surgery.
Reduction Mammoplasty in Dubai can be performed on either the breasts or any one of the breasts, depending upon the condition of the candidate. Over-sized breasts do not only lead one to have low self-esteem, but it also becomes the cause of chronic physical pain.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Breast Reduction Surgery
A successful reduction mammoplasty entirely depends upon the right choice of the breast reduction surgeon in Dubai. The surgeon you are going to choose should be a board-certified doctor. He should also have ample experience in breast surgeries and should be associated with one of the best breast reduction surgery clinics in Dubai. The characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include;
- He should have good reviews about his work from the previous candidates.
- He should able to show you his previous work through photographs or other data.
- He prioritizes patient care and safety.
- He has a keen artistic eye.
- He possesses a good aesthetic sense.
After choosing the right surgeon, the next step is to have a detailed consultation. In this session, you and your surgeon will discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery; don’t forget to mention your expectations from the procedure. You must discuss the reason behind the surgery and how exactly you want it to get done. You should also discuss the procedure, breast reduction surgery cost in Dubai and all the steps included in the surgical process to have a better understanding.
Right before the chest liposuction procedure, your surgeon is going to examine your medical history and is also going to check that if you are or have had been on any medications. He is then, going to examine and measure your breasts in detail and might take photographs too, to compare the results after the surgery.
Your surgeon might, however, delay your surgery if you are pregnant or you have certain conditions like diabetes or heart issues. You will not be recommended the surgery if you are overweight or do not want scars on your breasts.
There are certain guidelines which should be followed before the surgery to maintain a good lifestyle. You should have a good diet and exercise regularly. You should stop smoking at least three weeks before the surgery. You should not take anti-inflammatory drugs or medicines having aspirin so that the risk of excess bleeding is reduced.
The chest liposuction in Dubai is done under general Anesthesia in a hospital setting and takes up to two hours. It can be performed on either an outpatient or inpatient basis, depending upon the condition of the candidate.
In the procedure, there are various kinds of incision techniques used including;
- Circular Pattern Technique – In this, incisions are made around the areolas.
- Anchor Pattern Technique – It involves horizontal incisions beneath the breast crease extending vertically upwards around the areolas.
- Lollipop Pattern Technique – It includes making incisions around the areola and vertically down to the crease.
During the reduction mammoplasty procedure, incisions are made based on the technique applied. The excess fat, skin, or tissues are removed using surgical instruments. The procedure can be also be used to reposition nipples and areola. After making the desired alterations, incisions are closed using sutures.
The time required for Breast Reduction Surgery recovery varies from person to person and depends upon the nature of the technique used. There will be immense pain and discomfort around the breasts after the surgery, and to cure this, you will be prescribed some pain killers. The drainage tubes shall be attached to the affected area to drain blood or other fluids, and they will be removed after a week. Your dressings will be removed after six days of the surgery.
Experiencing swelling and bruising is quite normal after the surgery. However, it will settle down after a week. You will be able to resume your day-to-day activities after a fortnight.
It is very important to have follow-up appointments to speed up your healing process. All the guidelines and instructions given by your surgeon should be followed to avoid any risks and complications.
- You should take the medications prescribed by your surgeon regularly.
- You will be recommended a surgical bra, which you’ll wear for some time.
- It is also advisable to not to sleep on your stomach.
- Avoid all the activities which exert pressure on your breasts.
- You should also avoid lifting heavy objects and raising arms frequently.
- Strenuous activities are forbidden.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, there are certain risks associated with Breast Reduction Surgery too. However, it is very important to discuss all the risks with your surgeon before the surgery. Possible breast reduction surgery risks include;
- Scarring – There will be a lot of scars after the surgery. They can get fade with time but cannot vanish completely.
- Bruising – Bruising after the surgery is quite common to have, but it is temporary and can be treated easily.
- Skin Sensation Alterations – The skin around the nipples, might feel numb. This can be temporary or permanent.
- Breastfeeding Issues— you might not be able to breastfeed properly or completely after the surgery.
- Asymmetry – Breast symmetry is, sometimes not achieved if the excess fats are not removed from the breasts equally. This might require additional surgery.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to treat allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery
You can be the perfect candidate for the Breast Reduction Surgery treatment if;
- Your breasts are oversized.
- Your breasts are disproportionate to your body.
- You have chronic neck, shoulder, and back pain because of your voluminous breasts.
- Your skin has elasticity.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You have poor self-image related to your breasts.
- You do not smoke.
- You have realistic expectations.
Results of Breast Reduction Surgery
The final results after a breast reduction surgery vary from person to person. However, they can be long lasting if you maintain a healthy weight.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
Apart from manipulating the breast size, the breast reduction in Dubai also produces various aesthetic, physical and psychological benefits which include;
- It reduces the volume of your breasts to the desired size and shape.
- It aesthetically enhances the curves and contours of your breasts.
- It makes you able to perform physical and sporty activities without any specific restriction.
- It boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- It relieves chronic pain from your body that was caused by bigger breasts.
- Your breasts become firm, and it prevents them from extreme sagging.
- It gives you a happier disposition in life.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital is one of the leading breast reduction hospitals in Dubai. We have some of the best plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given and our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.
Dr. Bello is a highly experienced general and breast / Aesthetic Oncoplastic surgeon who has practiced for most of her career in the UK. She had worked at Nottingham Breast institute before moving to Noble’s Hospital on the Isle of Man, UK, where she was responsible for developing the landscape of breast care delivery on the island. She is a specialist in breast surgery and breast reconstruction, as well as a fully accredited general surgeon.