Browlift surgery also referred to as browplasty or forehead lift in Dubai, is an anti-aging cosmetic surgical procedure, which eradicates worry lines (frown lines) by lifting the eyebrows and forehead. Individuals who are unsatisfied with the lowered and unpleasant appearance of the eyebrows can opt for a browlift surgery in Dubai.
The Need for Browplasty
With time, the aging process causes the skin on the eyebrows to sag, giving a very droopy appearance. Likewise, the elasticity level of skin also decreases, and hence, the distance between the brows and eyelashes also gets reduced.
The browlift surgery procedure basically improves the look of the forehead, the brow, and the part along with the eye by lifting up the soft tissue of skin and brows. Browplasty, however, can be done alone or with the other surgical procedures like a neck lift and facelift.
How to Choose the Right Browlift Surgeon In Dubai
Having successful browlift surgery depends on choosing the right surgeon, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a right plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous browlift procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of natural aesthetically appealing eyebrows.
After selecting the best browlift surgeon in Dubai for your browlift surgery, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, browlift surgery cost in Dubai and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your eyebrows, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the browlift surgery, it is essential to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop at least six weeks prior to the surgery. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop in order to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The Surgical Procedure
The Browplasty procedure is carried out in a hospital setting on an outpatient basis. It lasts for two hours under local anesthesia, and the patient is allowed to go home afterward.
. The plastic surgeon may use one of the following distinct techniques;
- Endoscopic Browlift – Your surgeon will make a few small incisions behind the hairline, then through an incision, a long thin tube is inserted with a tiny camera mounted on its end, in order to have a view of inner muscles and tissues. Simultaneously, an instrument is subjected through another incision with the help of which, your forehead tissues are going to be lifted up technically, and then incisions are sewn through stitches or small clips.
- Coronal Browlift – Incisions are made behind your hairline, from ear to ear across the top of your head. Then the forehead is lifted up and hence repositioned, with the scalp in front of the incision overlapping the scalp behind it. After the removal of the overlapping scalp, the remaining scalp is sewn together. However, people having high hairlines, thin hair, or who are vulnerable to hair loss are not suitable candidates for this procedure.
- Hairline Browlift – An incision is made between the top of your forehead and at the start of your hairline. Rather than a scalp, a small amount of tissue is withdrawn from the top of the forehead. Consequently, your hairline will not be pulled back.
Risks and Complications
Like any other surgery, there are possible risks involved in a browlift surgery as well. Although it is a fairly safe procedure, it is important to discuss these potential risks or complications with your plastic surgeon before the surgery. Possible browlift surgery risks include:
- Scarring – Scarring may be visible after a browlift. This might require another operation.
- Skin Sensation Fluctuation – Although rare, it can cause a little bit of numbness at the top of the scalp or at the forehead.
- Asymmetry – It can cause asymmetry in the position of the eyebrows, resulting in the high appearance of any of the brows. However, these positioning problems may call for another surgery.
- Hair Problems – This particular procedure can cause adequate hair loss at the incision site and even leaves the hairline elevated.
- Bleeding – heavy bleeding is not likely to happen, but it is possible. You should discuss it with your surgeon and avoid all the medications that might trigger excessive bleeding.
- Healing Problems – Sometimes, wounds and scar do not heal at all, and this might need an extra surgery.
- Infection – Infection can cause pain in the wounds but can be treated with antibiotics. However, this can affect the results of the surgery.
- Allergies—it rarely happens, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications.
After the surgery, your forehead might be loosely wrapped in order to eradicate swelling. A drainage tube might be attached with your incision, for the ejection of unnecessary fluid or blood. Afterward, your surgeon will ask you to keep your head raised to reduce swelling. You must also apply cold compresses to minimize swelling or discomfort caused by the cuts. Do not take a shower for at least two to four days after your surgery takes place. Do not perform vigorous activities that might exert pressure on your head and incision sites. Take medications regularly and follow the exercise plan under professional supervision.
Numbness and itching might feel at the affected area, but this will settle down soon after the surgery. Note that swelling might last for several weeks, but it is quite normal to experience.
Ideal Candidate for a Browplasty In Dubai
You may be a perfect candidate for browlift surgery if:
- You have droopy eyebrows.
- You are not a smoker.
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically.
- You have realistic expectations of the results.
- You are unsatisfied with your eyebrows.
- The skin on your eyebrows is loose and sagging.
Results of Browlift Surgery
People who undergo a browplasty in Dubai get to see the results after two weeks of the surgery. Some of the positive changes you’ll see include symmetrical and lifted eyebrows. There is no guarantee given, as the results vary from person to person.
Benefits of Browlift Surgery
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of a successful browlift Surgery in Dubai. These include;
- Naturally younger and attractive eyebrows.
- Facial symmetry.
- Lifted eyebrows.
- A boost in self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our brow lift doctors in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will schedule an appointment for you.