Blepharoplasty surgery, also known as eyelid reduction, is a surgical procedure that reshapes the eyelids. Eye areas are modified aesthetically, which makes you look younger through eyelid rejuvenation. The main objective of eyelid surgery in Dubai is to minimize wrinkles and swelling (puffiness) as well.
The Need for Blepharoplasty in Dubai
With time, our skin begins to droop, and the elasticity level also keeps on decreasing. Resultantly, folds are produced in upper lids, and creases in the lower lids are intensified. However, the skin muscles also loosen with aging, hence allowing fats to disturb the shape of eyes altogether by giving the appearance of bagginess but sometimes, bagginess appears in early adulthood as a result of inheritance.
Bagginess and creases on the eyes seem worse in the morning, specifically when there is a lack of sleep or a prolonged period of stress. It happens because the fluid that usually resides in the normal body in equal proportions, however, gets sacked at the area of loose skin while lying down, and that happens to be the eye.
Mostly aging becomes the cause of the drooping folds on the upper lid, or obesity can also be the reason. People having these sort of deformities can opt for eyelid surgery in Dubai, which tightens the eyelid by chopping off the extra skin.
How to Choose the Right Blepharoplasty Surgeon in Dubai
Having a successful Blepharoplasty procedure depends on choosing the best eyelid surgeon in Dubai, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of the previous Blepharoplasty
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of natural aesthetically appealing eyes.
After selecting the right surgeon for your eyelid surgery, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, the cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period. Since the treatment nature varies from patient to patient; therefore, it is difficult to give an exact estimate of eyelid surgery price in Dubai.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your eyelids, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the Blepharoplasty procedure, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop at least six weeks before the surgery. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The Eyelid Surgery
The Blepharoplasty procedure is carried out in a clinic treatment room. It lasts for one hour under local anesthesia, and the patient is allowed to go home afterward.
Typically, the surgeon makes an incision following the natural lines of the eyelid (in the creases of upper lids and under the lashes in lower lids). These incisions are extended to the crow’s feet at the eye’s corners.
Consequently, the surplus fat, extra skin, and drooping muscles are withdrawn via these cuts, moreover, if you have a bulge of fat under lower eyelids with no extra skin, which can be removed through inside of lower eyelids.
- Sometimes, sagging forehead or eyebrow problems lead to the drooping appearance of the eyelids. Hence, your surgeon might recommend an eyebrow lift instead of, or with a blepharoplasty.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can also be used to smooth out fine wrinkles.
- You might need facelift and neck lift with the procedure.
- Although, eyelid reduction is the best way to reduce the sagginess of the eyelid, sometimes laser resurfacing can be used to remove the wrinkles from a particular area by burning a skin surface in a controlled way. In this way, skin becomes softer and less wrinkled.
After the procedure, you’ll be instructed to follow a certain set of instructions for a fast and safe healing process. This includes;
- Keeping your diet healthy. You can consult your General Practitioner for a proper diet plan and develop an eating routine.
- Avoid potent activities after the operation or till instructed by your surgeon.
- Do not smoke; it might cause a problem for your health and lungs.
- Maintain a stable weight, exercise often and adequately.
- Keep on visiting the doctor over a regular period of time.
- Take Rest.
- Protect your wounds.
Risks and Complications
Likewise, other surgeries, various risks are associated with this procedure too. However, it is very necessary to discuss the risk factors and bring them into your knowledge before the operation takes place to be on the safe side. The possible complications and consequences of the blepharoplasty risks are discussed as follows,
- Scars—There will be scars after the surgery, and sometimes their condition becomes worse due to various reasons, and therefore, you might require another surgery to get them treated well.
- Bleeding—Wound bleeding scarcely happens, but it is possible. Moreover, blood clot under the eye wound can delay the healing process, and this may call for another operation for treatment purposes.
- Infection – Infections can affect the result of the surgeries, but they can be treated with antibiotics.
- Healing Issues- Sometimes, wounds take more than the estimated time to heal properly. It is thus fixed by another operation. Occasionally, tiny cysts appear along the stitches line, but they can be easily treated. If you generally suffer from dry or watery eyes, the surgery is surely going to instigate this condition, but it can settle in a few weeks.
- Skin Sensation Fluctuations—Post-surgery, the skin near the scars can become more or less sensitive or sometimes permanent numbness can occur in the area.
- Asymmetry – This is where the eyes are not symmetrical. Generally, people have a bit of asymmetry, but it becomes more prominent after the surgery.
- Allergies — occasionally, allergic reactions to tape, stitches, or instruments might occur. In this case, you might need extra treatment.
Suture strips are applied by the surgeon on the eyelids for their appropriate support. Eyes must be washed with water frequently and, the surgeon will prescribe you an eye drop or ointment. Sleeping propped up will minimize the swelling. Use cold compresses to reduce swelling. The stitches are removed after 3-5 days.
You can get back to your day-to-day activities after the procedure but avoid any strenuous activities. Utilize extra pillows for sleeping, so that your head is propped up.
Ideal Candidate for Blepharoplasty Procedure
To undergo blepharoplasty in Dubai, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. You can be the perfect candidate for the procedure if;
- You have drooping eyelids.
- You are not a smoker.
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically.
- You have realistic expectations of the results.
- You are unsatisfied with your eyelids.
- Your eyelids feel heavy.
Expected Results of Eyelid Surgery
After your surgery, your eye skin might seem tight and swollen. There could be bruising which can be hidden by makeup or even sunglasses. The expected results are visible after 3-4 weeks. Most of the patients are happy with the results.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of successful eyelid surgery. These include;
- Naturally youthful looks.
- Facial symmetry.
- Lifted eyelids.
- Fresh-looking eyes.
- A boost in self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital, we have some of the leading eyelid surgery doctors in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given and our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.