Labiaplasty, which is also referred to as Vulval Surgery, is a cosmetic surgical procedure used to reduce the size of the labia minora (flaps of the skin either side of the vaginal opening). The major objective of undergoing a labiaplasty in Dubai is to get a tightened skin of labia to make it appear more contoured and well-shaped aesthetically.
It is done to improve the shape of the vagina and eradicate the discomfort caused by it.
The Need for Labiaplasty
One might have saggy labia because of the following reasons;
- Child Birth
- Hormonal imbalance
- Dry vaginal tissue
- Medical problems
Having droopy skin of vaginal opening, cause many problems in personal and sexual life and may cause one to have low self-esteem and can affect the relationships.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Labiaplasty in Dubai
The next very important step is to choose the right surgeon for the Labiaplasty. The surgeon you are going to choose should be an expert and should have ample experience in vaginal surgeries. The surgeon should be a board-certified doctor, as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include;
- He should bear good reviews for his plastic surgeries from the previous candidates.
- He should be able to show you the results of his previous work through photographs.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- He should have a good aesthetic sense.
- He prioritizes the candidate’s safety and care.
Note that, Labiaplasty is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon and not by any medical aestheticians.
After you have chosen the right surgeon for the surgery, the next step is to have a detailed consultation with him. You and your surgeon will discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery. You should also discuss your expectations from the surgery. You should discuss every step of the procedure, including its cost and other important points of the procedure. The labiaplasty surgery cost in Dubai typically varies because of the different requirements of patients.
Right before the surgery, the surgeon is going to examine your medical history and also going to check that if you are or have had been on medications of any sort. The surgeon is then going to examine your vagina in detail. He will also take photographs to compare the labiaplasty surgery before and after the procedure.
Before the surgery, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle. You should eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. You should avoid using drugs having aspirin in them. You should halt from using anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce the risk if excess bleeding during the surgery. You should stop smoking four weeks before the surgery. You should stop alcohol consumption before the surgery. You should not eat or drink anything twenty four hours before the surgery. You should also take a bath 24 hours before the surgery to make sure that your vagina is clean and germ-free.
In labiaplasty, general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation is used. The whole procedure takes about one to two hours to get finished.
It is performed on an outpatient basis, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
Labiaplasty can be carried out using two distinct methodologies which have been discussed as follows;
- The Trim Method— It is also referred to as the strip method. It centers on removing the edge of the protruding labia. It is preferred by women who want a more petite look. It removes the dark edges of labia. The loose edges are closed with dissolvable stitches.
- The Wedge Method— This method uses a pie shape incision to reduce the size of labia. It maintains the edge of the labia of women wanting natural contour. It creates a small horizontal scar and reduces the enlarged part of labia. The remaining edges are stitched together through dissolvable stutters.
The labiaplasty recovery time varies from person to person but takes about three months to get fully recovered. Bruising and swelling is most likely to occur before the surgery, but medicines prescribed by your surgeon will assist in settling it down in about six weeks. You will be having difficulty in the urination process and should avoid excess urination. You will not be allowed to lift heavy objects or do anything that exerts pressure on the vagina.
You should have follow-up appointments with your doctor to keep your healing process in the track.
You should follow all the instructions given by your surgeon to keep yourself healthy.
You should take medications as per the doctor’s prescription. You will be guided to sit and lie down on a particular condition, which must be followed. You will be recommended to wear loose underwear and clothes to avoid rubbing during the recovery period. You will have to avoid sexual intercourse for a couple of weeks after the surgery. You should use sanitary towels instead of tampons for a few weeks. You shall take off from work for about one to two weeks and take rest by keeping in view the guidelines told by your doctor. You should start a mild walk after a week.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, there are various risks and complications associated with the plastic surgery of labia in Dubai too. It is important to discuss all the risks with your surgeon before the surgery. All the possible risks included in the surgery are listed as follows;
- Bleeding – Although excess bleeding is rare but possible, you might require a blood transfusion or an extra surgery to treat this particular issue.
- Scarring – There will be scars on the vaginal tissues after the surgery. They can get fade with time but are more likely to persist.
- Infection- The wounds may get infected if you will not take care of your hygiene. Anti-biotics will be prescribed to avoid this.
- Skin Sensation Alteration- You might feel temporary numbness on the intimate area.
- Asymmetry— although rarely, but sometimes both vaginal walls do not become symmetrical when the extra skin is not equally removed from both the walls.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to cure allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate of Labiaplasty
You can be the perfect candidate of labiaplasty if;
- You have sagging vaginal lips.
- You have chronic discomfort and pain in vaginal walls.
- Your vaginal condition is causing sexual problems for you.
- You are over 18.
- You do not smoke.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- Your vaginal walls are disproportionate to each other.
Individuals who opt for the labiaplasty in Dubai are likely to witness the results as soon as the swelling vanishes. The results of the surgery are permanent.
Benefits of Labiaplasty
There are many benefits of labiaplasty which are mentioned as follows;
- It gives proper contouring to the labia.
- It tightens the vaginal skin.
- It improves vaginal appearance aesthetically.
- It promotes your cultural acceptance.
- It boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- It improves your sexual life.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. It is one of the best labiaplasty clinics in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.