Neck lift (Neck Rejuvenation) is a surgical procedure, which tightens the neck skin and gives it a youthful appearance. It is done to correct the band lines, excess skin, and fats from your neck to restore the elasticity of the skin. Neck lift surgery in Dubai is considered to be the best treatment for improving the texture of the neck skin.
The Need for the Neck Lift Treatment
One can have worn-out neck skin because of the following reasons;
- Physical trauma on the neck
- Lack of exercise
- Drastic weight loss
- Over-exposure to the sun
- A botched surgery
An appealing neck is considered as an absolute symbol of beauty and elegance. However, having a wrinkled or fatty neck can lead one to have low self-esteem and confidence. The major purpose of going through a Neck lift in Dubai is to improve your neck appearance aesthetically by pulling its skin surgically.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Neck Lift
Having a successful neck lift surgery depends on choosing the best neck lift doctor in Dubai who is an expert in the surgical neck lift procedure. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board–certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous neck lift procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have a good aesthetic
Note that a neck lift procedure is not done by a medical aesthetician, but by a qualified neck lift surgeon in Dubai.
After selecting the right surgeon for your neck lift surgery procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, the cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period. Neck lift surgery cost in Dubai depends on the nature of the surgery & and the requirements of the candidate.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your area of concern and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the neck lift procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
Neck lift & tightening surgery is performed using a General or a Local Anesthesia and lasts for two to three hours.
It is carried out in an Inpatient setting, and the candidate has to stay in the clinic or hospital of a few days.
Well, there are several techniques to carry out the neck lift treatment, and the selection of a specific technique depends upon the preferences and goals of the candidate. The techniques include;
- Liposuction—- In this procedure, the excess fat is removed from a neck through a surgical cannula. The cannula is inserted at the targeted area, and extra fat is extracted. The cannula moves in a back-and-forth motion and sucks all the fat through a suction pump. The sagging skin is stitched together afterward.
- Cervicoplasty—Cervicoplasty in Dubai removes excessive skin from the neck. In the procedure, two incisions are made either under the ear or behind it. Afterward, the skin is lifted by stitching firmly to the solid structures in front and back of the ears.
- Platysmaplasty— It is used to treat Turkey Wattle (weakened or loose neck muscles). The surgeon makes an incision under your chin or behind the ears to access the platysma (neck muscle) and manipulate it accordingly. Afterward, the muscular tissues are pulled and stitched together through permanent sutures.
All these procedures can be combined or can be performed separately depending upon the condition of the candidate. Moreover, the neck lift can also be combined with traditional facelift or blepharoplasty.
Neck Lift Recovery
It requires comparatively less downtime, and the candidate needs only one week to get fully recovered. You will have discomfort and pain at your treated areas and will subside in the first week of the surgery. You should expect some bruising at the incision sites, and it will vanish in a few days. You will have some swelling at the neck, but it is quite normal to have in the early days of recovery. However, it will settle down in a week. In the case of liposuction, some drainage pipes will be attached through your incisions to avoid fluid accumulation.
You should follow all the medicines prescribed by your doctor. You should use icepacks and compresses to reduce swelling and discomfort from the treated area. You should avoid all the strenuous activities for two weeks after the surgery. You will be recommended a few neck related exercises which you will be following for a quick recovery. You should apply topical ointments recommended by your doctor. Drainage pipes will be removed after two days of the surgery. Bandages and sutures will be removed after five days of the surgery. You will be able to restore your social life after six days of the surgery. Antibiotics will be prescribed to get rid of the infection.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, neck lift also includes risk factors, and however, it is recommended to discuss all the complications with surgeon pre-operation. The possible risks include;
- Scarring—there will be scars from the surgery, and they might get worse if not taken care of properly. You may need additional surgery to get them fixed.
- Infection – Infection can cause pain in the wounds but can be treated with antibiotics. However, this can affect the results of the surgery.
- Undesirable Outcomes – Sometimes, the candidates do not get satisfied with the outcomes of the surgery. In this case, you will have to undergo an extra surgery.
- Allergies—it rarely happens, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to treat allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for Neck lift
Before undergoing a neck lift in Dubai, it is necessary to fulfill the candidacy requirements. You can be an ideal candidate for the procedure if;
- You have a double chin.
- You have sagging skin on the neck.
- You have excess fat under your jaws and on the neck.
- You have elastic skin.
- You do not
- You are over 18.
- You are physically healthy.
The results of the neck lift become visible immediately after the surgery as soon as the swelling subsides. The outcomes of the surgery are long–lasting and give a refreshed appearance to your neck.
Benefits of Neck lift
There are various physical and psychological benefits of neck lift. Some of the significant neck lift benefits include;
- It gives a thinner and youthful appearance to your neck.
- Scarring is unnoticeable as they get hid behind ears.
- It eliminates the band lines from your neck.
- It gives proper body contouring to your jaws.
- It improves your overall personality.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our neck lift surgeons in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.