A thigh lift surgery, which is also referred to as thighplasty, is a surgical procedure which is used to remove the excess skin from the inner thigh. Thigh lift surgery in Dubai is done to achieve firmer, tighter, and toned thighs by eliminating sagginess.
The Need for Thigh Lift
- Physical trauma on thighs
- Drastic weight loss
- Lack of exercise
- Botched surgery
How to Choose the Right surgeon for Thighplasty
- He should be able to show you photos of previous thigh lift procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of natural aesthetically appealing thighs.
After selecting the best thigh lift surgeon in Dubai for your thigh lift procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You should also discuss the procedure, thigh lift cost in Dubai and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your thighs, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the thigh lift procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
Thigh lift surgery is carried out under general anesthesia on an Outpatient. During the procedure, your thighs are cleansed, and anesthesia is injected. Your surgeon is going to make incisions in the sites depending upon the goals that are needed to be achieved. Incisions can be made either in the groin area for an inner thigh lift; a longitudinal incision may also be made along inner thigh or in the groin extending around the hip for outer lifting up the outer thigh and for mini thigh lift the incisions are made in the groin area only.
After making the incisions, the required alterations are done, which include removal of fat tissues and excess skin followed by reshaping and tightening the soft tissues. In the end, the incisions are closed with sutures.
- Laser Skin Tightening – It uses laser energy to tighten the droopy skin of thighs.
- Ultherapy – In this procedure, ultrasound energy is used to tighten and lift the saggy thighs.
- Radio Frequency Treatment – Radio waves of specific frequencies are used to remove excess fat deposits and drooping skin on thighs.
- Mesotherapy Treatment – Specific substances are injected in the affected area, which removes excess fat from the thigh area.
The time required for thigh lift recovery varies from person to person. You will have immense pain around the thighs, but it will settle down after two days. There will be swelling, and discomfort and, for this purpose, painkillers will be prescribed by your surgeon. You will not be allowed to walk or perform any vigorous activity for six days after the surgery. Drainage pipes will be attached through your incisions for draining the unwanted fluids and blood. You should take off from work for at least two weeks and take rest as much as you can.
You should have follow-up appointments with your doctor to keep your healing process in the track.
You should follow all the instructions given by your surgeon to keep yourself healthy.
You should take all the medicines prescribed by your thigh lift surgeon. You should use ice packs and compresses to reduce swelling. You should keep your legs elevated as much as you can for the first week after the surgery. You should not take a shower to save your wounds and incision sites from infection for at least five days after the surgery. You will not be allowed to perform strenuous activities for four weeks following the surgery. Stitches will be removed after five days of the surgery. You will be given a compression garment that you should wear for at least two weeks to minimize swelling. Drainage pipes will be removed after two days post-surgery. When you are going to start your walk, you will witness mild swelling in your ankles, but this will subside in about three weeks. You should follow all the exercise patterns and special sleeping techniques for a speedy recovery.
Risks & Complications
- Scarring – The incision scars from a thigh lift procedure are permanent, but after the healing, a scar revision procedure might be performed.
- Skin Sensation Alterations – You might feel temporary numbness in the inner thigh tissues during the repositioning process. But this settles down in a couple of months.
- Inflammation—Sometimes, stitches applied can cause inflammation on the surface of the skin.
- Infection – There is always a chance of infection, but antibiotics are prescribed to avoid this risk.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other medications.
Ideal Candidate for Thigh Lift
- Your thighs are not in a proper frame.
- You have sagging
- Your thighs have many fat pockets.
- You are over 18.
- You have a stable weight.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
The outcomes of the procedure are long-lasting if you maintain a stable weight and follow a proper diet plan.
Benefits of Thighplasty In Dubai
- It gives your thighs proper contouring.
- It enhances your overall appearance aesthetically.
- It makes your thighs firmer and tighter.
- It develops thigh symmetry.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our thigh lift surgeons in Dubai surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.