Mole Removal is a cosmetic procedure used to remove the moles from any part of your skin. Moles do not only spoil your overall personality but can be a source of physical discomfort as well. Mole removal in Dubai is done to reduce the discomfort by removing the mole to make skin appear more toned and fine.
The Need for Mole Removal Procedure
One can have moles on any part of the body owing to the following reasons;
- Skin cell clusters
- Exposure to the sun
- Skin Cancer
- Skin diseases
People who have shattered self-confidence because of the presence of moles on visible areas like face or hands opt for mole removal in Dubai. The major goal of the procedure is to reduce the skin irritation caused by the moles and also to minimize the probability of cancer by removal of the moles and hence making skin smoother and clearer.
Recommended Doctor For Mole Removal
Dr. Pegah Dehdari is a German Board-Certified Specialist Dermatologist with over 19 years’ experience in the field of Dermatology, Venerology, and Aesthetic Medicine. She is a Certified Specialist in Laser, Hair Transplantation, Phlebology, and Dermatosurgery. Dr. Pegah has been the designated dermatologist of the German Consulate in Dubai since 2010.
How to Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon for Mole Removal
The next important step is to choose the right mole removal surgeon in Dubai or a dermatologist for Mole Removal treatment. The surgeon you are going to choose should be an expert, and he should have ample experience in mole removal procedures. He should be a board-certified doctor. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include;
- He should have good reviews regarding his previous work from the candidates.
- He should be able to show the previous results of his surgeries through photographs.
- He focusses on candidate’s safety and care.
- He has a good aesthetic sense.
Note that the mole removal surgery is performed by a certified plastic surgeon and not by medical aestheticians.
After selecting the right surgeon for your mole removal treatment, the next step is to have a detailed consultation session with him. You and your surgeon are going to discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery, don’t forget to mention your expectations and the reason behind the procedure. You should also discuss the whole process, including the mole removal cost and the general details involved in the procedure.
Right before the procedure, the surgeon is going to examine your medical history and is also going to check that if you are or have had been on medications of any sort. He is going to physically examine your skin and also going to examine the moles that need to be removed. He will take photographs too, to compare the results after the surgery.
Before the mole removal procedure, you must have a healthy lifestyle. You must follow a proper diet plan and exercise regularly under professional supervision. You should stop smoking at least five weeks before the surgery. Alcohol consumption should also be halted four weeks before the surgery. You should also avoid all the drugs that include aspirin, and anti-inflammatory medicines should also be avoided to reduce the risk of excess bleeding during the surgery. You should take a bath a couple of hours before the procedure, to make sure that the target areas are clean and germ-free.
Local Anesthesia is administered for the procedure and is carried out on an Outpatient basis.
The cosmetic procedure lasts for one hour.
There are various techniques for removing a mole from the skin. However, a particular technique is selected based on the size, location, and the specific tendencies of a mole and the preferences of the candidate. The techniques for mole removal are discussed as follows;
- Laser Treatment— Moles, which are flat and colored (black or brown) are most effectively removed through a laser mole removal treatment. In the procedure, local anesthesia is applied to the mole area, and then laser beams are used to remove the mole tissues. However, two or three sessions (as prescribed by your surgeon) are required to eradicate the mole. This procedure is very effective but not appropriate for the moles having a large size or which protrude above the skin.
- Excision-— in this surgical procedure, a scalpel is used to cut the mole out entirely. Some bordering good skin is also removed in the procedure, and then the surgeon uses stitches to close the wounds. This procedure is used to remove the larger moles and involves an instant removal.
- Cryotherapy-— this procedure is also referred to as freezing. It is a very quick treatment in which a special solution (argon gas or liquid nitrogen) is applied onto the mole. The solution is applied either through a spray device, injection, or a cotton swab. As a result of the solution, ice crystals are formed within the mole, breaking up the mole tissue cells, and no damage is caused to the surrounding skin cells. The mole vanishes, and no scarring occurs.
The recovery for the mole removal procedure is quick and easier for the candidates. It takes about a fortnight for a complete recovery post-treatment. You will have slight pain and discomfort which will settle down by medications given by your surgeon. You may have itching and redness around the mole area, and it will vanish after two weeks. You can expect bruises at the incision sites, and anti-biotic will be given to reduce the pain the risk of infection. Sometimes, scabs can be developed at the mole sites, but normal skin is re-formed within two weeks. You might have bit scarring but will gradually fade away with time.
Over the next 7 – 10 days, the patient will have follow-up appointments with the plastic surgeon to keep track of the healing process.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
You should take all the medicines prescribed by your doctor. You should avoid all the vigorous activities for two weeks. You should also not exercise or do any other activity which can cause stress on your incision wounds, for a certain time. You should take care of your wounds seriously and keep them dry for twenty-four hours to reduce the risk of infection. You should use topical medications (if prescribed by your doctor) regularly. Your stitches will be removed after five days of the surgery. You should take off from work, for at least three days and take as much rest as you can.
Risks & Complications
Like any other cosmetic procedure, skin mole removal treatment also has certain risks attached to it. It is, however, important to discuss all the risks with your surgeon before the surgery. The potential risks and complications include;
- Scarring – Mole removal scar can appear at the mole site after the surgery, and it can be permanent. You can also have hypertrophic scars and keloid scars which are formed on the larger part of the skin. If the scars persist, a surgical scar revision procedure will be required to eradicate all the scars.
- Skin discoloration – Rarely, skin color is lost on the mole sites or sometimes, the skin color darkens at the particular area. It can be temporary.
- Skin Sensation Alteration – You might feel temporary numbness on the skin around the mole areas. But this settles down in a couple of weeks.
- Mole Recurrence — Moles tend to regrow if laser treatment or freezing has been used. It happens because these procedures don’t kill the mole cells from the roots, whereas, in surgery, mole never regrows.
Ideal Candidate for Mole Removal Procedure
Before undergoing mole removal in Dubai, you must fulfill the following candidacy criteria;
- You have one or more moles on your body.
- Your mole has cancerous cells.
- You mole causes physical discomfort and disturbance for you.
- You have poor self-image because of the moles.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
The results of the mole removal treatment will get visible after the wounding and swelling vanishes. However, the results are permanent if you undergo a surgery, but in case of other treatments like freezing or laser beam procedure, moles might grow again.
Benefits of Mole Removal Treatment
Cosmetic mole removal provides various physical and psychological benefits and these include;
- It removes a mole from your skin.
- It makes your skin smoother and well-toned.
- It reduces skin irritation and discomfort caused by the mole.
- It improves your appearance aesthetically.
- It minimizes the risk of cancer by eradicating the moles having cancerous tendencies.
- It boosts your self-confidence.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai is one of the leading skin mole removal clinics in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.