Asymmetry and excess fat deposits in different areas of the body may cause one to have low self-esteem and confidence. This might also leave one feeling embarrassed on both social and personal levels. However, Aesthetics by King’s College Hospital Dubai provides an excellent opportunity to candidates with stubborn excess fat deposits by not only getting rid of the fat but contouring the body through the latest Liposuction.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction in Dubai is an effective body contouring procedure which aims at reducing the excess fat tissues from different areas of the body. There is a certain amount of social stigma attached to the curvaceous bodies, which can give rise to physical and psychological ailments. However, liposuction, which is also referred to as lipoplasty, gets rid of the unwanted fat deposits, through suction with a tube called a cannula.
It should be noted that liposuction is not a weight loss surgery, but a body contouring procedure. To undergo this particular surgery, the candidate’s weight can be slightly above the average value but should not be obese.
Dr Dragana Spica
Celebrity Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon – Lead Plastic Surgeon
Types of Liposuction procedures
Aesthetics by KCH offers various surgical and non-surgical liposuction procedures which are carried out by its expert board-certified plastic surgeons.
However, if you are bothered by stubborn fat in your certain area of the body and want to get rid of it safely, then liposuction is the best contouring procedure for you. Liposuction in Dubai is performed in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The procedure lasts for one to two hours.
Types of liposuction procedures include;
- Tumescent Liposuction – This is the most common sort of liposuction. Your surgeon is going to inject a sterile solution (a mixture of salt water which assists in removing fats, an anesthetic i.e. lidocaine to relieve pain and a drug, i.e. epinephrine that makes blood vessels to get shrunk) into the affected area. Through this mixture, the particular area gets swollen and thicken.
The surgeon then makes some small incisions into the skin of the target area, and a tube called cannula is inserted. The cannula is attached to a vacuum that sucks unwanted fluid and fats from a particular area.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction (LAL) – In this technique, a laser beam of high intensity is used to break down fats to get them removed. During the procedure, small incisions are made on the skin, and laser fibers are inserted, and fats are emulsified. Then these fats are withdrawn through a cannula.
- Power-assisted Liposuction (PAL) — This kind of liposuction uses a cannula that moves in back-and-forth motion rapidly. Through this vibration, your tough fats are swiftly withdrawn by your surgeon. This method is less painful and causes less swelling. It allows your surgeon to remove fat with more accuracy.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL) – In this procedure, a metal rod is inserted through incisions into the skin of the affected area. These rods, however, emit ultrasonic energy into your skin. This ruptures the fat-cell walls and breaks down the fat and hence is easily removed.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction surgery is a safe procedure and has numerous medical, physical and psychological benefits. They include:
- Body Contouring: All the surplus fat pockets are extracted through the procedure, therefore, giving your body a well-contoured appearance.
- Overall Figure Improvement: When extra fat is removed, your body gets a proper frame, and overall personality is enhanced aesthetically.
- Psychological Impacts: When your body gets toned and tightened; your self-esteem is also boosted. You begin to feel confident in your own body and in this way your self-acceptance is promoted.
- Lymphedema: It is a chronic swelling condition in which lymph fluid starts getting collected and sacked in the legs and arms. Liposuction, however, takes out this fluid and reduces the discomfort and swelling caused by it.
- Safe procedure: It is a safe procedure and does not involve any kind of side effect if proper care is taken post-surgery.
- Minimal Scarring: Scarring is a major issue after any surgery and sometimes, a scar does not vanish and stay on your body for a lifetime. But, liposuction does not cause any serious kind of scarring except for a few incision scars. However, these scars diminish with time.
Results of Liposuction
Liposuction performed at Aesthetics by KCH yields permanent results. Although results are visible after a few months when swelling gets settled. The results will persist if you keep on taking a healthy diet and most importantly if you maintain a stable weight.
Important Points to Remember
- Always choose the best liposuction surgeon in Dubai.
- All the important points like the process, cost of the procedure, expectations, possible outcomes and risks should be discussed with the surgeon before the surgery.
- The eligibility criteria should be discussed with the surgeon.
- All the important guidelines given by the surgeon should be followed pre and post the surgery.
- Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure; it only reduces the fat proportion form the body. If a candidate is over-weight, he will be asked to reduce a substantial amount of weight before the surgery, by the surgeon.