Tummy tuck in Dubai, also referred to as “Abdominoplasty,” is a cosmetic surgery procedure primarily done to make the abdomen firm, thinner and is also utilized to eliminate general abdominal scars and stretch marks.
The Need For a Tummy Tuck
The people having irregular abdominal shape can go for a tummy tuck in Dubai, for it removes the extra fat from the tummy, thus making it flatter post weight loss and gain, or pregnancy.
It is also done to treat Diastasis recti— an abdominal separation which broadens up the gap between abdominal sections. Moreover, it aimed at removing stretch marks and does affect weight at all.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for a Tummy Tuck
Having a successful tummy tuck procedure depends on choosing the best tummy tuck surgeons who are an expert in body contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of a previous tummy tuck
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of a naturally contoured abdomen.
After selecting the right surgeon for your tummy tuck surgery, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the whole treatment, its procedure, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period. Another important thing to discuss is the tummy tuck cost in Dubai. You must know how much does a tummy tuck cost in Dubai and what factors can influence the price.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your abdomen, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the tummy tuck treatment, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop at least six weeks before the surgery. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excess bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The tummy tuck procedure entirely depends on the patient’s expectations, preferences, and needs. There are different tummy tuck procedures, including:
- Standard or full tummy tuck—it is the most common form of a tummy tuck. However, this procedure is generally done on patients who either have lost excessive weight or who have had children. In this procedure, the extra amount of skin is removed from the upper abdomen. It involves an incision along the bikini line that extends the hip to hip around the belly button, therefore removing the fat or sagging skin above the pubic hair up to the belly button and the remaining skin is pulled down over the stomach.
- Mini tummy tuck – This uses a shorter incision (similar to C-section-like incision) to reposition the lower abdominal skin by rigidifying muscles and taking away the additional skin. It does not influence the upper abdomen anyway and is feasible for the people whose fat has been localized below the belly button.
- Extended Tummy Tuck – It is an extended abdominoplasty surgical procedure, in which excessive abdominal fat or skin is eliminated from the mid and lower abdomen, in addition to the removal of the unwanted tissues from the lower sides and back simultaneously to get the waist in more organized and refined form.
- Fleur-de-lis Tummy Tuck – this is an immensely appropriate procedure for candidates having surplus abdominal (both lower and upper) skin in both horizontal and vertical directions. Here, not only is the skin pulled in the downward direction, but it is also pulled inwards to the center of the abdomen hence making the abdomen flatter and toned. However, this procedure is not suitable for everyone; but for ones who have lost a big amount of weight.
Even though tummy tuck in Dubai is an effective treatment, there are certain other procedures which can be opted as an alternative to the abdominoplasty. These include;
- Exercise – It is a kind of non-surgical tummy tuck in Dubai. Following a proper exercise plan under the supervision of a professional trainer can help the tightening of the skin. Yoga can also be helpful, but professional consultancy is a must.
- Liposuction – In this procedure, the fat is suctioned out. It might be helpful for the candidates whose major concerns are not the sagging skin but, instead, the additional unwanted fatty tissues in the abdominal part.
- Laser Skin tightening—this treatment is suitable for candidates who have slight skin sagginess.
Risks and Complications
Having a tummy tuck surgery, like other surgical procedures, there can be plenty of risks attached to it. However, although they are unlikely to occur, they must be identified and articulated before the surgery. Since this sort of procedure is highly a personal choice, it is very necessary to understand and acknowledge the potential tummy tuck side effects like infections, allergic reactions, asymmetry, extrusion, and scarring among others.
Ideal Candidate for a Tummy Tuck Procedure
You may be a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- You have a protruding abdomen.
- You are not a smoker.
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically.
- You have realistic expectations of the results.
- You are at a stable weight.
- You have loose skin around your abdomen.
Having short, gentle walks is recommended. After 2 weeks you can do light activities. A complete exercise pattern will be provided, which must be followed within six weeks. During the Hospital period, you shall be given the blood-thinning injections or medicines to eradicate the risk of clotting of any sort. You will not be allowed to perform any activity that might exert force or pressure on stitches for at least 10 to 12 weeks, owing to their high level of vulnerability.
Once the operation gets done, you must look after yourself to maintain your health and current body conditions.
- Keep your diet healthy. You can consult your General Practitioner for a proper diet plan and develop your eating routine.
- Avoid potent activities after the operation or till instructed by your surgeon.
- Do not smoke; it might cause a problem for your health and lungs.
- Maintain a stable weight, exercise often and adequately.
- Keep on visiting the doctor regularly.
- Take Rest.
- Protect your wounds.
- Use a compression garment prescribed by the doctor to provide support to the skin and as well as to the dressings on the incision site.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading Abdominoplasty surgeons in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff members will book an appointment for you.