Dermamelan Chemical Peel for Skin Pigmentation
Dermamelan is a deep chemical peel and an anti-ageing treatment that is designed to give your skin an even tone and smooth texture by actively blocking the production of melanin. Factors such as sun exposure, air pollution, genetics and lifestyle choices leave your skin with dark spots, hyperpigmentation, dull and uneven complexion. Dermamelan chemical peel can treat these skin issues, in addition to other skin concerns such as melasma, which is a big skin problem among women.
Skin Pigmentation Issues Treated with Dermamelan Chemical Peel
Although there are quite a number of skin pigmentation problems that can be treated with Dermamelan, the most common ones are:
- Melasma, also known as chloasma
- Pregnancy mask
- Skin pigmentation caused by acne
- Sunspots and age spots
- Brown spots
- Blotchy skin
Steps Involved in a Dermamelan Chemical Peel
- Detailed consultation with our board-certified cosmetic dermatologist
- Preparation of the face through cleansing to remove oil, makeup and debris
- Application of the Dermamelan mask: This process takes about 20 minutes
- The patient leaves the clinic with the mask on and stays with it for the recommended amount of time. It can be anywhere from 6 hours to 12 hours; but this depends on the severity of the severity of the skin pigmentation.
- After the allocated time, the mask is removed with a mild cleanser and water
An aftercare skin care kit is provided and should be diligently followed for the next 6 months for you to have the best possible outcome. This homecare kit includes a moisturiser, a mild cleanser and sunscreen.
Immediately after the mask has been washed off, it is normal for the treated area to become red, a bit swollen, and itchy. The skin should also start peeling in the next few days. This will continue for about 7-10 days, depending on your skin type. After your skin is done peeling you may feel tight and drier than usual but this will settle overtime. Your skin will start to look better with your pigmentation continuing to improve much more in the coming weeks. Most patients notice their best results in 4-8 weeks.
Are you a Candidate for Dermamelan Chemical Peel?
In order to qualify for Dermamelan Chemical Peel treatment, you have to fit a certain criterion, which includes:
- Having significant hyperpigmentation on your skin due to the above-named factors
- Having realistic expectations
- Being in good physical and emotional health
- You should not be pregnant
- You are meticulous in the follow-up care
The Results You Should Expect After Your procedure
After the Dermamelan Chemical Peel treatment procedure, your skin tone will improve significantly by becoming brighter than it was before, with a more balanced skin tone. The skin’s texture also changes for the better due to the collagen stimulation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dermamelan Chemical Peel
1. How many sessions will you need?
2. When will the results be visible?
3. What is the cost of Dermamelan Chemical Peel in Dubai?
4. Is there any downtime after the treatment?
Immediately after the Dermamelan peel, you’ll be provided with a homecare kit, which you should apply continuously for up to six months. During this time, you should avoid sun exposure to the treated area and use a wide spectrum sunscreen. Additionally, you are advised against scratching or peeling off the skin yourself.
*Results vary from case to case
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons, cosmetic dermatologists and aesthetic experts are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given and one our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.