Dr Maria Karakoulaki
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecologist
MD, MSc, German Board Certified
Dr Maria Karakoulaki
Dr Maria Karakoulaki studied Medicine at Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU), and at Cornell University NY USA. She then specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Munich Hospital Harlaching – LMU teaching hospital, and in Elena Venizelou, which is the biggest public maternity and gynaecological hospital in Greece. She is both German (Facharzt) and Greek board certified.
Following her passion to deeply comprehend, and research on the hormonal changes in a woman’s life, from childhood to menopause, Dr Karakoulaki completed a two-year Master’s Degree with honours on “Gynaecological Endocrinology-Infertility” at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
Hormone Expert and Expert Aesthetic Gynaecologist
Having conducted hundreds of deliveries and treated a vast number of patients with various hormonal problems over the years, Dr Karakoulaki carries profound knowledge and experience about the problems women face after childbirth, and those they incur as a result of the ageing process. And while seeking to always provide the best care to her patients, she wanted to utilize this experience in Aesthetic Gynaecology, where she could help women overcome those kinds of issues.
So, in order to be well-equipped in this field, Dr Karakoulaki underwent the most comprehensive Fellowships in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology worldwide, provided by ESAG in London, UK, and the Alinsod Institute in California, USA, where she achieved the highest qualification.
Dr Karakoulaki is proud to bring her combined 18+ years of expertise in women’s health, and the cutting-edge technologies and approaches in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology acquired in Europe and the USA, to the UAE.
- Medical: Ludwig Maximilian University Munich-Germany
- Board certification: Germany, Greece
- Master’s in Science: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Fellowships: European Society of Aesthetic Gynaecology (ESAG), UK
- Alinsod Institute for Aesthetic Vulvovaginal Surgery (AIAVS), USA
- The German Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- The British Menopause Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging
- Cellular Medicine Association
Areas of expertise
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology – Non-surgical procedures
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Tightening
- Labial Augmentation
- Labial majora lifting by Femifine
- Laser labial, perineum and anal Bleaching
- G-Spot Amplification
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginismus (painful intercourse)
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Lichen sclerosus
- Anal skin tags removal
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology – Surgical Procedures
- Labiaplasty (Labia minora and majora)
- Clitoral Hood Reduction
- Clitoromegaly (hypertrophic clitoris) Correction
- Menopause: Non-hormonal treatments, and personalised Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Gynaecological endocrinology: Polycystic ovaries, Irregular periods, Abnormal bleedings, Endometriosis, Infertility etc.
- Pathology of the cervix: Abnormal Pap smear, Colposcopy, surgical procedures of the cervix
- Follow up of pregnancies, including High-risk Pregnancies
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology