Dr Maria Karakoulaki studied Medicine at the prestigious Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU), and at Cornell University NY USA. She then specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Munich Hospital Harlaching – LMU teaching hospital, and in Elena Venizelou, which is the biggest public maternity and gynaecological hospital in Greece. She is both German (Facharzt) and Greek board certified.
Hormone and Menopause Expert
Following her passion to deeply comprehend, and research on the hormonal changes in a woman’s life, from childhood to menopause, Dr Maria completed a two-year Master’s Degree with honours on “Gynaecologic Endocrinology” at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
In the last years, she has concentrated more on peri/menopause and offers a holistic approach including Bio-identical and Body-identical Hormone Therapy, Vitamin injections, IV drips, as well as individualized supplements that contribute to the wellbeing of the woman.
Moreover, her passion on staying always up to date with the latest progress in Medicine, lead her to complete an one year Fellowship in Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine from the International Association of Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine in New Delhi.
Dr. Maria is now on the process of getting The American Board of Anti-Aging/Regenerative Medicine from the American Academy of Anti-Aging (A4M), USA, in an effort to keep up with the newest treatments/approaches in Anti-Aging, Prevention and Precision Medicine.
Aesthetic and Functional Gynaecologist
Dr Maria Karakoulaki is one of the most famous aesthetic gynaecologists in the Middle East, with patients coming from all over the region for cosmetic gynaecological surgeries and her specialized treatment on Vaginismus.
After intensively working as an obstetrician and conducting thousands of deliveries over the years, Dr Maria carries a profound knowledge and experience in understanding problems women face after childbirth.
She utilizes this experience though not only in helping women overcome their functional and aesthetic issues after delivery but also as a result of aging.
Furthermore, she helps young women who are not happy with their intimate appearance, to gain more confidence by enhancing its look and feel.
Dr Maria Karakoulaki is proud to bring her combined 20+ years of expertise in women’s health, and the cutting-edge technologies and approaches in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology acquired in Europe and the USA, to the UAE.
- Medical Degree: Ludwig Maximilian University Munich-Germany
- OB/GYN Board certification: Germany, Greece
- 2 years Master’s in Science: : “Gynaecologic Endocrinology”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- VIP Fellowship, European Society of Aesthetic Gynaecology (ESAG), UK
- Fellowship, Alinsod Institute for Aesthetic Vulvovaginal Surgery (AIAVS), USA
- 1 year Fellowship: “Stem-Cell and Regenerative Medicine”, IASRM
- The German Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- The British Menopause Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging
- Cellular Medicine Association
- International Association of Stem-Cell & Regenerative Medicine
Areas of expertise
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology – Non-surgical procedures
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Tightening
- Vulvar tightening
- Labial Augmentation
- Laser labial, perineum and anal Bleaching
- G-Spot Amplification
- Urinary incontinence treatment
- Vaginismus (painful intercourse)
- Recurrent vaginal infections treatment
- Lichen sclerosus
- Anal skin tags removal
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology – Surgical Procedures
- Labiaplasty (Labia minora and majora)
- Clitoral Hood Lifting
- Clitoral Hood reduction
- Menopause: Non-hormonal treatments, and personalised Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Gynaecological endocrinology: Polycystic ovaries, Irregular periods, Abnormal bleedings etc.
- Pathology of the cervix: Abnormal Pap smear, Colposcopy, surgical procedures of the cervix