Nose fillers are used in non-surgical rhinoplasty to straighten the appearance of the nose by reshaping it and increasing its volume. The procedure is used as an alternative to surgical rhinoplasty.
Although traditional surgical rhinoplasty remains as the gold standard when it comes to nose reshaping. However, individuals who do not want a permanent change can opt for nose fillers in Dubai.
Although traditional surgical rhinoplasty remains as the gold standard when it comes to nose reshaping. However, individuals who do not want a permanent change and want to try a temporary treatment prior to surgical rhinoplasty can opt for nose fillers in Dubai.
The Need for Nose fillers
Although nose fillers cannot remove protrusions or bumps on the nose, hollows can be filled in to straighten the nose. Other situations which might be corrected by nose fillers include;
- A bump in the nose or a hooked nose whereby the area just above or below the bend can be filled with nose fillers to straighten the nose.
- A deviated nose on one side, the concave side can be filled with non-surgical nose job to make it appear straighter.
- To raise the height of the nose in those with flatter noses or less prominent nasal bridges.
- Nasal tip elevation is achieved by injecting the tip of the nose and the base which separates the nostrils. It makes the tip to appear elevated.
How to Choose the Nose Fillers Surgeon In Dubai
A successful nose fillers procedure depends on choosing the right surgeon, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous nose fillers procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of a natural aesthetically appealing nose.
After selecting the right surgeon for your nose fillers procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You should also discuss the procedure, nose fillers Dubai price, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your nose, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the nose fillers treatment procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The procedure is done on an out-patient basis in a cosmetic clinic or office setting, and it takes less than half an hour to complete.
Usually, a few weeks before the main procedure, the doctor will suggest using a reversible nose filler, which is shorter lasting. This is used to test to see if the treatment can lead to aesthetic improvement. These types of nose fillers usually last for about 6 months, and most of them are made from a natural substance which occurs in the skin.
If an individual is happy with the results, then they usually try permanent nose fillers like Radiesse. Radiesse has a greater lift and similar feel to the nose as well as much longer longevity than other nose fillers. Although it is not reversible, it can last from 12 to 18 months.
The only alternative treatment to nose fillers is the surgical rhinoplasty, which is permanent. You might as well try to highlight your nose with makeup which can be quite tiresome doing it daily.
Immediately after the nose fillers procedure, there may be some puffiness, swelling or bruising as well as a tender nose but these last for about 3 to 5 days and they fade away.
It is important to follow any guidelines or instructions given by the plastic surgeon for faster healing and to avoid complications or risks.
It is important to avoid touching the nose all the time after the procedure as this may affect its outcome. Also avoiding scratching the nose or blow it as this can lead to infection. Strenuous activities involving the nose should be avoided.
Possible Risks & Complications
Risks and complications are rare during nose fillers treatment, but some of the nose fillers side effects include;
- Blood supply: Compromising blood supply if the nose fillers are accidentally injected directly into the arteries on the nose. This causes blanching of the skin and can lead to scarring.
- Swelling: There might be slight swelling at the injection site, but this disappears a few minutes after the treatment.
- Redness: After the filler injections, the area might experience redness, which also disappears after a few minutes.
- Pain: Depending on the patient’s pain threshold, one might experience a certain amount of discomfort, which can be alleviated by cold compresses on the area.
- Itching: There is a possibility there might be an itchy sensation on the target area after the treatment. You are advised not to scratch. This disappears after a few minutes as well.
- Bruising: Bruising on the target area of the treatment is normal, but it usually goes away within the first 24 hours.
Ideal Candidate for Nose fillers
For having nose fillers in Dubai, you must fit into the eligibility criteria of the procedure. You are an ideal candidate for the treatment if;
- You should be physically healthy
- You should be mentally stable
- You should be a non-smoker
- You should have a crooked nose
- You should need to improve the appearance of the nose
- Want to have a temporary solution for nose reshaping
Results of Nose fillers
The results of nose fillers are not permanent, and they usually last between 6 to 18 months, depending on the type of filler used. Although the results can be seen almost immediately depending on what was being corrected.
Benefits of Nose fillers Procedure
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of a successful nose fillers procedure. These include;
- Improved facial symmetry.
- Youthful looks.
- Zero scarring
- A boost in self-esteem.
- A better-looking nose.
- Minimal downtime.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our nose filler doctors in Dubai are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a free consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.