Buccal fat removal in Dubai is a cosmetic procedure in which the excessive buccal fat is extracted to improve the cheeks contouring. Buccal fat is the fatty deposits that are present in the lower cheeks, and are the main cause of puffiness of cheeks. It is for those individuals who are not happy with their chubby cheeks and want to improve the contouring of cheeks and jawline.
The Need for Buccal Fat Removal
One can have buccal fat because of the following reasons:
- Physical Trauma on cheeks.
- Lifestyle Preferences.
- A botched surgery.
This surgery is more of a personal choice rather than being a medical one. Having fatty cheeks can lead one to have low self-confidence and self-esteem and can cause many psychological issues. However, the main goal of the surgery is to achieve facial symmetry by removing excess fats from the cheeks. Therefore, always choose specialized Buccal fat removal surgeons in Dubai.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Buccal Fat Removal
Having a successful buccal fat removal procedure depends on choosing the right surgeon who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. The board-certified plastic surgeon for Buccal fat removal in Dubai should not only be experienced but should also possess the following characteristics:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous buccal fat removal
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of natural aesthetically appealing cheeks.
After selecting the right surgeon for your buccal fat pad removal procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, the cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period. Buccal fat removal price in Dubai varies depending upon the requirements of a patient.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your cheeks, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the buccal fat removal procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excess bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The buccal fat removal surgery takes place on an outpatient basis, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward. Local Anesthesia is used for the surgery, and it lasts for one hour.
During the procedure, an incision is created inside your mouth: between your cheeks and gums. The buccal fat will stick out immediately through the incision due to external pressure. These fat pads are then removed by using the surgical instruments. In the end, your surgeon will close all your incisions using sutures.
The sutures used at the end are absorbable, but every plastic surgeon performs the procedure differently.
Note that this procedure can be combined with Facelift. In this case, fat pads can be extracted effectively, and hence, there will be no need for an extra incision inside the mouth.
You can also go for Liposuction for cheek fats removal, but through this procedure, there will be a greater risk of scarring on cheeks and it, however, requires more time to get recover.
After the surgery, it takes one week to get fully recovered. However, immediately after the surgery, you will experience some discomfort and pain, but it will be controlled through the medication prescribed by your doctor. There will be bruising and extreme swelling after the surgery, and it will settle down after two to three weeks. Sutures will be removed after six to seven days of the surgery. You will be able to resume your activities after a week.
You should have follow-up appointments with your doctor to keep your healing process in the track.
All the guidelines and instructions given by your surgeon should be followed to avoid all kind of risks and complications.
You should take the medicines regularly as instructed by your surgeon. Due to oral incisions in your cheek area, you will have to consume soft food or fluids for a couple of weeks. You should also avoid strenuous tasks for a fortnight. You will have to maintain your hygiene to avoid oral infections. You will be provided with an exercise plan by your surgeon, and it must be followed for a week. You should take off from work for two weeks and take rest as much as you can.
Possible Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, buccal fat removal has many possible risks attached to it. Even though it is highly a safe procedure, it is very important to discuss all the risks and complications with your surgeon before the surgery takes place. The possible risks include,
- Numbness – Temporary numbness on the upper lip or either side of the nose is possible to experience after the surgery. Although it disappears, you might still have pins-and-needles discomfort during recovery.
- Infection – The wounds may get infected for one reason or another. Antibiotics will be prescribed to avoid this.
- Asymmetry – Facial asymmetry can occur if the fatty tissues are not equally removed from both the cheeks, which may require another surgery.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other medication. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to cure allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal
For going through Buccal fat removal in Dubai, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. You can be a good candidate for the procedure if;
- You have much puffiness in your cheeks.
- You have large buccal fat pads.
- You are not happy with the present condition of your disproportionate
- You do not have a proper jawline.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You are above 18.
- You do not smoke.
- You have realistic expectations.
Results of the Surgery
The final results of the buccal fat removal/ cheek reduction surgery are initially obscured by swelling. It takes two to three months for the results to become visible. These results of the surgery are permanent and require no further maintenance sessions.
Benefits of Buccal Fat Removal in Dubai
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of buccal fat removal surgery including;
- It is a minor surgery which can be performed without general anesthesia.
- It improves the cheek contours.
- It defines the jawline.
- Facial Symmetry is achieved after the surgery.
- It gives youthful looks.
- It yields permanent results.
- It causes minimal scarring.
- It can be performed with other procedures as well.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital is one of the reputable buccal fat removal clinics in Dubai. We have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.