A liquid facelift, also known as Sculptra liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure which aims at reshaping, contouring, and lifting your facial appearance using cosmetic injectables. Liquid facelift in Dubai is done to rejuvenate your face by tightening the skin on the face and lifting it aesthetically.
The Need for Liquid Facelift
Your face might lose its volume because of the following reasons;
- Physical trauma on the face
- Drastic weight loss
- Exposure to sun rays
- Skin diseases
- Lifestyle choices
A face is the first perceivable part of your personality and is very important in projecting your impression. People who have low self-esteem and are unsatisfied because of their droopy, wrinkled, and worn-out facial skin can go for a liquid facelift in Dubai. The major goal of the procedure is to improve the appearance of your face aesthetically by rejuvenating the facial skin.
How to Choose the Right Liquid Facelift Surgeon In Dubai
Having a successful liquid facelift procedure depends on choosing the right liquid facelift surgeon or a dermatologist who is an expert in liquid facelift treatment. A good plastic surgeon should be a board-certified doctor, as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include;
- He should be able to show you photos of previous skin lesion removal procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have a good aesthetic sense.
Note that liquid facelift is performed by a professional plastic surgeon and not by any medical aestheticians.
After selecting the right surgeon for your liquid facelift, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss your expectations and the whole process of the procedure, including the liquid facelift cost in Dubai and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon is going to check your medical history as well as if you are or have had been taking any medications. He will also physically examine your face in detail, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Prior to the liquid facelift procedure, or any other procedure whether surgical or non-surgical, you should have a healthy lifestyle. You should follow a proper diet plan and exercise regularly. You should take the recommended medications properly. You should stop smoking six weeks before the surgery. You should discontinue alcohol consumption and also avoid taking drugs that include aspirin. Use of Anti-inflammatory drugs should also be halted. You should not drink or eat anything six to eight hours before the surgery.
The liquid facelift is performed by applying a Topical Anesthesia on the face or a Local Anesthesia could also be administered. The procedure lasts for 30 – 40 minutes.
The liquid facelift procedure is performed on an Outpatient basis and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
In this procedure, a dermal filler is combined with Botox to give the appearance of a facelift without the need for surgery. However, the procedure differs for every candidate depending upon their goals and preferences. Advanced dermal fillers are injected in the specific areas of the face in order to produce the desired results.
- One can also go for a traditional facelift surgery which aims at proper contouring of the face except treating the wrinkles.
- Laser Resurfacing can be used for fixing the sagging facial skin.
- Facial fat grafting can be opted for improving facial appearance aesthetically.
- A brow lift can be used to improve the appearance of sagging eyebrows.
A liquid facelift, being a non-surgical procedure, does not require any recovery time period after the procedure. You might have a little bit swelling on your face, but it settles down after a short time. You can resume your activities right after the procedure. You will have soreness or a bit discomfort at the injection sites and will subside in about two to three days.
You should have follow-up appointments with your doctor to keep your healing process in the track.
You should follow all the instructions given by your surgeon to keep yourself healthy.
You should take all the medications as per your doctor’s prescription. You can use icepacks to reduce the discomfort or swelling on your face. You should avoid all the strenuous activities until the swelling subsides, as it increases the heart rate and blood flow, which can prolong the swelling. You should avoid exposing your face to sun rays and use sunscreen always. You should not lie down for a few hours immediately after the treatment. You should not rub the treated area for at least twenty-four hours after the procedure.
Risks & Complications
A liquid facelift, unlike other cosmetic procedures, has lesser risks associated with it. It is very important to discuss the risks with your plastic surgeon before the procedure. However, the possible risks include;
- Skin Sensation Alteration – You might feel numbness in the treated areas, but it will be tackled with the medications. This sensation occurs temporarily but can be permanent.
- Unevenness – Your face might appear lumpy because of a botched treatment. This can require a revision procedure to achieve the desired results.
- Anaphylaxis – It occurs, if you develop an allergic reaction to the dermal fillers injected into your skin. You will need extra treatment to reduce the risk of allergies.
- Swelling—you will have swelling and redness around the injection sites, it is more likely to subside within two to three days, but if it persists, you should get in touch with your specialist.
Ideal Candidate for the Liquid Facelift
Your eligibility criteria before undergoing a liquid facelift in Dubai will be evaluated by your plastic surgeon. You are an ideal candidate of the procedure if;
- You have droopy skin on your face.
- You have wrinkles, lines, creases or folds on your facial skin.
- You have lost volume on the cheeks.
- You have sunken areas on the face specifically under eyes, lips, cheeks, and jowls.
- You are not pregnant.
- You do not smoke.
- You are over 18.
Liquid Facelift Results
Your face will undergo a subtle and incredible change immediately after the procedure. The results of the procedure are permanent, and your face gets refreshing and a wrinkle-free youthful appearance.
Benefits of Liquid Facelift
There are various benefits of a liquid facelift which include;
- It is a non-invasive
- It causes minimal
- It does not require a downtime.
- It gives natural looking effects.
- Your face becomes well-contoured and more toned.
- It provides a lifted facial structure.
- It gives a wrinkle-free face.
- It eliminates frown lines and crow’s feet.
- It upgrades your overall personality aesthetically.
- It boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading plastic surgeons in the region. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. Aesthetics by KCH is considered to be the best liquid facelift clinic in Dubai To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.