Breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure used to alter the shape of sagging breasts. Breast lift in Dubai is done to remove excess skin and breast tissue in order to lift the breasts, making them more firm and perkier.
The Need for Breast Lift
One can have sagging breasts because of the following reasons:
- Lifestyle preferences
- Weight fluctuations
Breast lift surgery in Dubai aims at achieving breast symmetry by lifting them up. Another goal of the procedure is to reposition the nipples and areola.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Breast Lift
The first step of breast lift surgery is to choose the right surgeon for the procedure. The board-certified plastic surgeon you choose for a mastopexy in Dubai should not only be an expert but also possess the following characteristics;
- He should have good reviews about his work from the previous candidates.
- He should be able to show you the results of his previous work through photographs.
- He should focus on the candidate’s safety and care.
He must have an excellent aesthetic sense.
When you have chosen the best breast lift surgeon in Dubai, then in the next step, you’ll have a detailed consultation session with your surgeon. In this, you and your surgeon are going to discuss the possible outcomes of the surgery. You should also discuss your expectations and the reason behind the surgery. You must discuss what exactly you want from the surgery. You should have a discussion about the process, breast lift in Dubai cost and all the steps included in the procedure.
Prior to the surgery, your surgeon is going to check your medical history and is also going to check that if you are or have had been on any medications or not. Your breasts are going to be examined by your surgeon: he is going to measure their size, and your nipples and areola shapes and position are also going to be examined. You will be recommended a baseline mammogram too, and your breasts will be photographed in order to compare the results after the surgery.
Your surgeon might postpone your surgery if you are or planning to get pregnant or you breastfeed. However, there are certain guidelines that should be followed in order to keep a healthy lifestyle. You should follow a proper diet plan and exercise under professional supervision regularly. You should stop smoking at least three weeks before the surgery. You should stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or herbal supplements in order to minimize the risk of excess bleeding during the surgery. You should keep yourself hydrated and stop alcohol consumption.
The Mastopexy Surgery
The Breast Lift surgery in Dubai is carried out under General Anesthesia, and it lasts for one hour or less. It is performed on an outpatient basis, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
There are, however, various techniques used to perform a breast lift surgery which are explained as follows;
- Crescent Lift – It involves removing of the crescent of skin at the top of the nipple, and this technique is minimally invasive.
- Benelli Lift – In this technique, skin or tissue around the areola is removed by making a doughnut-shaped incision.
- Lollipop Lift – It includes incision making around the areolas that extends to the breast crease in a vertically downward direction.
- Anchor Lift – Incision is made around the areola which travels down around the breast crease.
During the procedure, incisions are made according to the technique applied. The surgeon then makes the desired alterations, i.e. reshaping and lifting up the underlying breast tissues, repositioning areolas and nipples, removal of excess skin, or reducing the size of enlarged areolas. These alterations are done by using surgical instruments. In the end, incisions are closed with sutures.
Breast lift surgery can be performed in combination with breast augmentation or breast reduction. Note that mastopexy in Dubai is not going to change the size of the breast; it just lifts up sagging breasts.
The candidates who undergo a breast lift in Dubai must have to rest for certain weeks to get fully recovered. As it performed on an outpatient basis, so you will be discharged after the surgery, and you might feel dizzy because of the anesthesia effect. You will experience extreme tiredness in the early days post-surgery, and you will have to take the medicines as per the doctor’s prescription, regularly. Swelling and bruising are quite common to have after the surgery, but it settles down after the two weeks of the surgery. You can feel absolute numbness in the affected areas for at least six weeks after the surgery.
Your scars will appear red and lumpy but will settle down after a few weeks. Your stitches will be removed by your surgeon after a week of the surgery. You will be able to continue your regular activities, but a complete recovery is going to take some time.
You should take any prescribed medications regularly. You will be given a surgical bra which you will have to use round-the-clock for a specific period of time. You will be guided to sleep on your back and avoid sexual intercourse for a couple of weeks after the surgery. You should avoid taking a bath or washing your hair completely. Fluid drainage tubes will be placed near your incisions and shall be removed after four days the surgery takes place.
Avoid vigorous activities like straining and lifting up heavy objects for a fortnight. Your bandage will be removed after five days after the surgery takes place. Some stitches, however, get dissolved on their own, but others must be removed two weeks after the procedure. Your doctor might suggest a gel for your incisions to promote healing. In the whole breast lift recovery process, keep your breasts and incisions out of the sun exposure.
Risks & Complications
Like any other surgery, Breast Lift Surgery also has some risks associated with it. However, it is very important to bring them into your discussion with the breast lift surgeon before the surgery. The possible breast lift surgery side effects include;
- Scarring – There will be permanent scars after the surgery, but however, they will get to fade after two years, and they can easily be hidden by a bra.
- Skin Sensation Alteration – There can be numbness in the affected areas; and it typically returns after several weeks, but however, it can be permanent in some cases.
- Breastfeeding – Post-surgery, it becomes difficult for some women to produce enough milk for breastfeeding.
- Infection – The wounds may get infected for one reason or another, but antibiotics will be prescribed to avoid this.
- Allergies— It happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to treat the allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for the Breast Lift
You can be the perfect candidate for a Breast Lift surgery if;
- You have sagging breasts.
- Your breasts have lost their shape and have become flatter.
- Your nipples fall below your breast creases when left unsupported.
- Your breasts are not symmetrical.
- You are over 18.
- You have a stable weight.
- You do not smoke.
- You are unhappy with your drooping breasts.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
Results of a Breast Lift
You will notice an immediate change in the overall appearance of your breasts, although their shape will continue to change and settle over the next few months. These results can be permanent if you take care of your skin and weight.
Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery
There are many benefits of breast lift surgery including;
- It aesthetically enhances the fullness of your breasts and makes them appear more attractive and youthful.
- It improves your breast symmetry.
- It does not decrease your breast size.
- It gives long lasting results.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
Get in Touch
Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai is one of the best breast lift clinics in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.