Chin liposuction is one of the surgical procedures which is used to eradicate the double chin and enhance one’s facial appearance altogether.
The Need for the Procedure
This procedure is used to remove the excess fat from the chin. When you have a droopy skin on your chin and if it plateaus even after much exercise, use of creams or other interventions, then you need chin liposuction and implant.
There can be several reasons for the double chin, which include aging. As you age, the skin quality of your neck and face area decreases and becomes more wrinkled because of sun and environmental exposure. Weight fluctuations can also be the principal cause of double chin. Double chin is not formed because of obesity only, but it also occurs if you undergo a drastic weight loss. However, the people who want to get a contoured jawline and enhanced overall appearance can opt for chin liposuction in Dubai.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Chin Liposuction
A successful liposuction surgery depends on choosing the right surgeon, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good plastic surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good plastic surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous chin liposuction procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
He should have an appreciation of a natural aesthetically appealing chin.
After selecting the right chin liposuction surgeon in Dubai for your surgery, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, the cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your chin, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the chin liposuction, it is important to have a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop at least six weeks before the surgery. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excess bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The Liposuction Procedure
The chin liposuction is carried out in a hospital setting or a clinic’s treatment room on an outpatient basis. It lasts for 1-2 hours under local anesthesia, and the patient is allowed to go home afterward.
During the procedure, your plastic surgeon makes a small incision beneath your chin. A small cannula is used to break down the fat, which is then suctioned out. The incisions are then closed using sutures.
Chin Liposuction Recovery
- It is a minimally invasive procedure and does not require a lot of time to get recovered.
- You will feel discomfort and pain for two to three days after the surgery.
- You should expect some bruising post-surgery and the doctor is going to prescribe some anti-biotic to reduce the probability of infection.
- The surgeon might leave your incisions open and put temporary drains for more fluid drainage.
- You will need to take rest for five to six days and take off from work.
- Your stitches will be removed after five days.
Like the preparation guidelines, after-care instructions given by your surgeon are important to follow. They make your recovery process smooth and comfortable. These instructions commonly include,
- Your surgeon shall prescribe you a tight compression garment. You will have to wear it for two to three weeks to prevent and control swelling caused on the chin and neck.
- You will be emphasized on taking rest.
- You should not move your neck in any direction.
- You should avoid smoking for two weeks for a speedy recovery.
- You will have to avoid vigorous activity like weight lifting or running for more than two weeks.
- Keep on taking the medicines, as per doctor’s prescription.
- You must start a light walk after four days of the operation, to keep the blood flowing.
- You must follow the sleeping techniques guided by your doctor.
- You must maintain a healthy diet under professional supervision.
Risks & Complications
Chin liposuction, like any other surgery, has many risks and complications associated with it too. Although many of them occur scarcely, still it is good to discuss all the risk factors with your surgeon before the operation is conducted. However, the potential risks and complications are mentioned as follows,
- Scarring—there will be minimal scars after the operation, but having them is quite common after having a chin lipo.
- Numbness— There will be a temporary or permanent numbness in the affected area. There will be nerve irritation temporarily.
- Infection— Your wounds might get infected, but they can be treated through antibiotics.
- Fluid Accumulation—in some cases, temporary pockets of fluid (Seroma) are formed beneath the skin, and it needs to be drained with a needle.
- Contour Irregularities— Your chin or neck might appear bumpy, wavy, or uneven because of unequal fat removal. This can also disturb the skin elasticity. They can be permanent and may require additional surgery.
- Chin Spot-— The cannula used in the process may give skin a permanent spotted appearance on the chin or below the chin.
- Allergies—it happens scarcely, but your skin might be allergic to tape, solutions, or any other relevant medications. However, in this case, you might undergo an extra treatment to cure allergic reactions.
Ideal Candidate for Chin Liposuction
You can be a good candidate for chin liposuction if:
- You have an excess amount of fat beneath your chin.
- You are not happy with your chin.
- You are not a smoker.
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically.
- You have realistic expectations of the results.
Expected Results of Chin Liposuction
The results of the chin liposuction are visible after a few days of the surgery when the swelling has vanished. The results can be long lasting if you maintain a healthy weight henceforth.
Benefits of Liposuction
Besides reducing the chin size, double chin liposuction in Dubai also generates the following benefits;
- It is a minimally invasive procedure.
- It has minimum side effects.
- It involves little downtime.
- It causes minimum scarring.
- It eradicates your double chin and enhances the appearance of your neck and jowls aesthetically.
- It boosts your self-confidence.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital, we have some of the best chin liposuction doctors in Dubai. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given and our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.