Nose Reshaping Surgery (Rhinoplasty) in Dubai, which is also referred to as ‘nose job’ is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which aims at correcting and reconstructing the nose by modifying the bone or cartilage of the nose. It can also be done for medical reasons, i.e., to fix breathing issues or to upgrade its functions altogether.
Goals of a Nose Job
- It increases or decreases the size of the nose.
- The shape of the tip of the nose can be altered. Moreover, nostrils and bridge of the nose can also be improved.
- The angle between the upper lip and the nose can also be changed.
- Septoplasty can also be performed—a surgical procedure that aligns and straightens the septum (the partition of the nose which separates the nostrils).
The alteration or the change in the size of the nose is highly conditional and circumstantial. The outcomes directly depend upon the condition of your nose, skin condition, and age. Rhinoplasty cost in Dubai differs from person to person depending entirely upon the nature of surgery.
The Need for Rhinoplasty
The nose is the central part of your face, and when we see ourselves in the mirror or meet others, the first and foremost thing we get to notice or see is the nose. And if it doesn’t sync with the various other facial features, it makes you doubtful about your self-esteem. By keeping in view this important point, people opt for Rhinoplasty in Dubai, to feel less conscious about themselves. Therefore, it is indispensable to know what exact point of your nose bothers you so that it can be fixed through the surgery by communicating it to the surgeon.
Generally, it is carried out to fix the lump at the bridge of your nose. It also alters the tip, length, and width of the nose. The width of the nostrils can also be adjusted through Rhinoplasty. However, a nose job can also be done to treat nose owing to medical reasons, for instance, if the nose has been broken or bent because of some accident.
However, if you are not satisfied with the primary rhinoplasties, then you can go for revision rhinoplasty in Dubai as well.
How to Choose the Right Rhinoplasty Surgeon In Dubai
Having a successful nose job procedure depends on choosing the right surgeon, who is an expert in facial contouring procedures. A good rhinoplasty surgeon should not only be experienced but should be board-certified as well. Other characteristics of a good rhinoplasty surgeon include:
- He should be able to show you photos of previous nose job procedures.
- He should have good reviews from previous patients.
- He should have a keen artistic eye.
- His focus should be on the safety and care of the patient.
- He should have an appreciation of a natural aesthetically appealing nose.
After selecting the right surgeon for your nose job procedure, the next step is having a detailed consultation. During this session, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss why you need the surgery, and what you hope to achieve. You will also discuss the process of the procedure, the cost, and everything that will be involved until your recovery period.
Right before the procedure, the plastic surgeon will check your medical history as well as what medications you are taking if any. He will also physically examine your Nose, and take photos so that you can see the difference after the surgery.
Before the nose job procedure or any other procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you are a smoker, you should stop before the procedure. If you are taking any blood-thinning medication like aspirin, you are advised to stop to avoid excessive bleeding during the procedure. Alcohol consumption should also be halted as well as any herbal supplements.
The Surgical Procedure
Rhinoplasty is carried out under the influence of General Anesthesia.
Well, there are two kinds of Rhinoplasty procedures,
- Closed Rhinoplasty—Rhinoplasty that is used to change the shape of the nose and is performed from inside the nostrils.
- Open Rhinoplasty-— The procedure in which a small incision is made in between the nostrils and hence the skin is pulled up.
The operation nature purely depends upon the fact that what does client want or what part of the nose is to be treated. The scars produced through the surgery are of different types, but they can be mostly V-shaped, zigzag, or simply straight. However, the specific surgery mechanisms are discussed as follows,
- Treating Nose Bridge – If the bridge of the nose is going to be operated, the hump causing bone or the cartilage is withdrawn. Afterward, the remaining pieces of the broken nose are connected or conjoined closely to narrow down the nose.
- Treating Nose Tip – In this case, closed or open Rhinoplasty is employed through which the cartilage supporting or assisting the tips from the downward direction is slightly removed or reshaped and aligned.
- Treating Nose Length – The septum is adjusted, and its size is decreased, and hence, the tip is shrunk, which eventually leads to the overall size reduction of the nose.
- Treating Nose Width – In this case, width is adjusted through narrowing it down predominantly by breaking the bone and adjusting its position.
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty – The contour of a flat bridge or tip can be altered by adjusting bone, cartilage, or through an implant. Well, the bone or cartilage can be utilized from the nose or the other places such as a rib, hip, or ear. This process is known as Augmentation Rhinoplasty or Additional Rhinoplasty.
- Septum Rhinoplasty – Sometimes, your nose gets flattened post injury or an accident hence buckling up the septum, which leads to severe breathing issues. It is fixed through a single surgery, or sometimes additional surgery is required.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to undergo surgery then go for non-surgical rhinoplasty in Dubai. It is a non-invasive technique to reshape or reconstruct your nose by using injectable fillers known as nose fillers.
You might bleed a little from your nose till the two days after your surgery. However, you can wipe it with a handkerchief. Do not knock your nose at all and avoid all the activities that might trigger the blood flow in your face or might increase the chance of bleeding. Sleep with extra pillows so that swelling is reduced.
Do not blow your nose, and do not sneeze through your nose at all and instead cough it out. Once dressings are removed from your nostrils, you will be able to clear your nose by sniffing into the back of your throat.
You will be asked to come out of the bed on the same day of the surgery. You will also be guided to start all the light activities after a fortnight. Strenuous exercise will not be allowed until the six weeks after the surgery, but you will be able to swim after four weeks.
Do not lift heavy objects for several weeks and avoid sexual intercourse for two weeks. Restore all the activities gently. You can check the results of rhinoplasty before and after the surgery after recovering from the process.
Since the operation is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia, so you would be asleep and the operation will last for almost two hours. Afterward, your nose will seem tight and sore, but it will settle down after some time. During the surgery, if your nose was broken (as part a of the procedure), then prominent bruises will be visible around the eyes for about seven to ten days with yellow patches for ten to twenty days. Consult your surgeon for best revision rhinoplasty in Dubai in case you are not happy with the results.
Risk & Complications of Rhinoplasty
As with all the surgeries, nose job also involves various risks factors and complications. However, many of the risks are unlikely to happen, but still, it is important to bring all the possibilities in your concern by talking to your surgeon before the surgery is carried out. Anyhow, the major risks are stated asunder,
- Scarring – There will be scars from the surgery. Rarely, the condition of the scars become worse and resultantly an extra surgery is required to get them treated well. Moreover, if the bone or cartilage has been borrowed from any other place of the body, then the scars will be prominent.
- Infection – Infections are a possible risk, but antibiotics are usually prescribed to avoid this.
- Breathing Issues – Due to swelling in the nose, it is difficult to breathe through the nose. However, it gets settled after a week of the surgery.
- Alteration in the Sense of Smell – Post-surgery, some patient might temporarily witness a change in their sense of smell and sometimes even in the sense of taste.
- Swelling & Bruising – After the surgery, there will be bruising and swelling, specifically around the eyes but it settles down over time but once it gets settled, you will be sensing numbness and stiffness in your nose. The numbness disappears in a few months, but stiffness might be permanent.
Candidate for Rhinoplasty
You may be an appropriate candidate for a nose job if,
- Your nose is too large or small with respect to other facial features.
- There are lumps on your nose bridge.
- Your nose is wide, droopy, or enlarged.
- Your nose is crooked, bent, or asymmetrical.
Benefits of Nose fillers Procedure
Undergoing Rhinoplasty in Dubai not only reconstructs your nose but also generates various aesthetic and psychological benefits. These include;
- Improved facial symmetry.
- Youthful looks.
- Minimal scarring
- A boost in self-esteem.
- A better-looking nose.
- Minimal downtime.
Get in Touch
At Aesthetics by Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have some of the leading rhinoplasty surgeons in Dubai. Our rhinoplasty surgeons are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation for top rhinoplasty in Dubai, get in touch using the contact details given and our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.