Testosterone, genetics, and oestrogen can considerably change the way the entire clitoral areas appear. Some of the significant changes include excess skin on both sides of the clitoris, making it look larger or asymmetrical. In such cases, a surgical procedure known as Clitoral Hoodectomy or clitoral hood reduction, is required to remove excess skin and tissue.
The goal of the procedure is to improve the cosmetic appearance of the clitoris by removing extra folds of skin. During the procedure, the nerves of the clitoris are not affected, nor is the clitoris mutilated in any way.
Causes of a hooded clitoris
- Hormonal changes
- Or Congenital problems among others
Candidate for Clitoral Hoodectomy
For one to be considered a good candidate for a clitoral Hoodectomy, she must fit a certain criterion. This includes:
- Having an asymmetrical clitoris
- Having realistic expectations
- Decreased stimulation on the clitoris
- Excess skin on the clitoris
- Being in overall good physical and mental health
- Not having any genital conditions
What to Expect After Clitoral Hoodectomy Procedure
Clitoral hood reduction is done under local anesthesia and can last for up to two hours depending on the amount of skin to be excised. After the procedure, you can expect:
- Immediately after the procedure, the patient will have some discomfort, some degree of redness, and swelling on the area. This will persist for 5-7 days after which it will begin to subsidize.
- Although clitoral hood reduction is a surgical procedure, you don’t need to stay overnight. You can go home immediately after the surgery.
Why you should consider Clitoral Hoodectomy at King’s
- Our Aesthetic Gynaecologists are the best in their field and have ample experience in Cosmetic Gynaecology.
- At King’s College Hospital, we have state-of-the-art facilities, and use the latest and minimally invasive techniques to achieve faster healing with the best results.
- At King’s College Hospital London, we focus on patient care, and safety in a compassionate environment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Clitoral Hoodectomy
How many clitoral hood reduction sessions are needed?
Only one session is required. On the other hand, most women combine clitoral hood reduction with labiaplasty for optimal results.
When will the results be visible?
The results can be visible almost immediately, but the possible discomfort and swelling might obscure the real results. It can take up to 10 days to see some results. The final results are only visible after the area has completely heals. Results vary from patient to patient.
What is the cost of Clitoral Hoodectomy?
The cost of a clitoral hood reduction in Dubai is determined after a consultation with our board-certified aesthetic gynaecologist, which will depend on the amount of excess skin to be excised, and if you’ll be combining the procedure with another, like labiaplasty.
Get in Touch
At Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have the leading aesthetic gynecologists in the region. Our medical experts are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.