Cosmetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology is for a woman who seeks to improve her quality of life by enjoying her relationships, and by ageing smart, functional and happy. This branch of aesthetic medicine aims at rejuvenating the function and appearance of a woman’s intimate area. This includes procedures, both surgical and non-surgical, that improve the lifestyle and intimate wellness of the patient; in addition to treating menopausal symptoms with the use of anti-aging therapies. These intimate issues can be caused by certain factors, which include congenital problems, pregnancy, vaginal delivery, aging and menopause, and considerable weight loss.
These Appearance Issues Can Include:
- Stretched skin
- Loss of fat
- Loss of collagen and elastin
- Perineum or anal skin tags
- Scarring after episiotomy or tears due to vaginal delivery
- Discoloration of the vulva skin
The Functional Issues Can Include:
- Vaginal laxity: “Loose vagina” due to pregnancy, vaginal deliveries, aging, menopause.
- Enlarged labia minora: Chronic irritation, rubbing, discomfort during intercourse or exercise.
- Vaginal atrophy: Caused by menopause, early menopause, breast cancer, or low estrogen for various medical reasons.
- Vaginal dryness: Caused by menopause, breastfeeding, after recurrent vaginitis.
- Lichen sclerosus (patchy, white skin in the intimate area)
- Urinary incontinence: Also known as “leaky bladder”
- Recurrent vaginitis/ Recurrent UTI
- Mild prolapses of the bladder or the rectum into the vagina
- Vaginismus (involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles)
- Loss of sensitivity during intercourse
A surgical or non-surgical approach may be required to treat any of the above appearance and functional issues.
Non-surgical and Non-invasive Intimate Rejuvenation Technique Procedures Include:
- FemiLift laser for intimate rejuvenation
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), in combination with other treatments
- BTL Emsella Chair for Urinary Incontinence Treatment
- Hyaluronic acid (Fillers)
- Innovative topical care products for intimate rejuvenation
Surgical and Minimally Invasive Techniques used Include
- Labiaplasty also known as “The Designer Vagina” procedure (Labia minora and majora Reduction Surgery)
- Vaginoplasty, known as the “One thread Vaginal tightening”
- Clitoromegaly Correction
- Clitoral Hood reduction
Intimate Rejuvenation with FemiLift Laser and BTL Emsella
FemiLift is the latest laser technology for intimate rejuvenation, and BTL Emsella, also known as the “Kegel Throne”, a non-surgical and non-invasive urinary incontinence treatment.
What Does FemiLift Laser Do?
- Collagen and Elastin Regeneration (Tissue remodelling)
- Angiogenesis (Increased blood supply and oxygenation of the tissue)
- Increased sensitivity of the vulvo-vaginal area
- Tissue lubrication
- Improvement of local immune system
What Does BTL Emsella Do?
BTL Emsella is a breakthrough treatment for Urinary incontinence and intimate comfort. The technology provides those suffering from incontinence with a completely non-invasive option. The treatment effectively stimulates pelvic floor muscles with thousands of supramaximal contractions per session, which leads to regained control of pelvic floor muscles and the bladder.
Cosmetic Gynaecology Treatments
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Vaginal tightening
- Labial Augmentation (Fillers or Fat Transfer)
- Labia majora Lifting by FemiLift laser
- Laser labial, perineum, and intimate Bleaching
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginismus treatment
- Recurrent vaginal infections treatment
- Lichen sclerosis treatment
- Intimate enhancement by laser, G-Spot amplification with dermal fillers, and O-Shot
- Menopause symptoms treatment and therapy
- Postpartum Rehabilitation (treatment and prevention)
- Antiaging therapy
What Makes King’s Stand Out
At King’s College Hospital London Dubai, we focus on teamwork for the best patient outcome. Our Aesthetic & Reconstructive Gynaecology experts include:
Dr Maria Karakoulaki: German Board-Certified Specialist OB/GYN, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecologist, and Gynaecological Endocrinologist
Areas of expertise
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Tightening
- Labial Augmentation
- Labial majora lifting by Femifine
- Laser labial, perineum and anal Bleaching
- G-Spot Amplification
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginismus (painful intercourse)
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Lichen sclerosus
- Anal skin tags removal
- Labiaplasty (Labia minora and majora)
- Clitoral Hood Reduction
- Clitoromegaly (hypertrophic clitoris) Correction
- Menopause: Non-hormonal treatments, and personalised Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Gynaecological endocrinology: Polycystic ovaries, Irregular periods, Abnormal bleedings, Endometriosis, Infertility etc.
- Pathology of the cervix: Abnormal Pap smear, Colposcopy, surgical procedures of the cervix
- Follow up of pregnancies, including High-risk Pregnancies
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology
Dr Amitabha Majumdar: Board-certified UK trained Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Urogynaecologist & Pelvic floor reconstructive surgeon
Areas of expertise:
- Pelvic floor repair and reconstruction
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Other gynaecological problems like menstrual disorders, chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, fibroid management, postmenopausal bleeding, ovarian cyst, menopausal symptoms, etc.
Get in Touch
At Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have the leading aesthetic gynecologists in the region. Our medical experts are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.